10 Question Food Quiz

some of them almost border on pleasan, although not quite šŸ˜†
I remember being a kid and when weā€™d call the large animal vet out for one reason or another, the first step in any diagnosis was always to smell the animalā€™s solid waste - he could tell when it was ā€œrightā€ or ā€œoffā€ with one whiff.

We can get it in bulk as well, besides other Latin American country's chorizo that are slightly different in flavor, but it's still not spreadable as it comes.
I suppose I consider the loose stuff spreadable - Iā€™d say the same of ground beef, in that it can be smeared (when itā€™s raw, at least) - thatā€™s what I was thinking of.

Now this:

IMG_5284.jpeg

is very wet and Iā€™d definitely consider it spreadable.

What we have is totally homogenized, it all looks the same, and is very soft, like fresh caulk out of the tube.

I have never heard of rose harissa.
I only knew "harissa" because I used to make hot sauces. I'd get people call me and say things like " Hey! Mr Hot Sauce! Do you know how to make Sambal?"
And I'd say :
" But of COURSE I do! How much do you want?"
And then scuttle off to the Internet to see what the heck "sambal" was!! šŸ˜ šŸ˜

The Mexican chorizo I am referring to is a popular one in stores here. It squeezes out of the tube in a very spreadable form, and stays spreadable even after cooking.

1691343397889.png

1691343409226.png

I'm pretty sure Johnsonville makes just one sausage grind, and adds different spices -- and still tastes somewhat the same. It all looks the same. :laugh:

CD

The Mexican chorizo I am referring to is a popular one in stores here. It squeezes out of the tube in a very spreadable form, and stays spreadable even after cooking.

View attachment 103237

View attachment 103238

I'm pretty sure Johnsonville makes just one sausage grind, and adds different spices -- and still tastes somewhat the same. It all looks the same. :laugh:

CD
What do you do with it?

Deducting was what got me the points and some answers were really just pure luck. The pasta I choose sounded the most Italian and somewhere I could recall that it exists. In the EVOO question I expected to get something like the olives being cold pressed, as some producers label their cooking OO just as healthy as EVOO. The harissa was hard because in the first glance it looked like tomatoe Pesto, but then it would be a pretty bad one and on the second look the seeds didn't look like tomatoe seeds. Harissa can come fresh, powdered and as a concentrate.
It's just a quiz and as many already mentioned it was all about what's popular in UK right now. I guess an US quiz would be easier for many here. It was fun tho, thanks for sharing, I learned a lot

Screenshot_20230811_091928_Chrome.jpg

Pretty easy. 2 guesses though (french olives and the pasta shape I've never seen before).

I use pomegranate molasses all the time with me doing a lot of Middle Eastern cooking. I also love pomegranates. Like all fruit, they're are many varieties and some are sweeter than others. I've 2 versions of pomegranate molasses (sweet and sweet & sour). I prefer the latter. I'm actually looking at getting a pomegranate bush or two this spring to grow my own!

I suppose I consider the loose stuff spreadable - Iā€™d say the same of ground beef, in that it can be smeared (when itā€™s raw, at least) - thatā€™s what I was thinking of.

Now this:

View attachment 103234

is very wet and Iā€™d definitely consider it spreadable.
Have you tried that brand before? kaneohegirlinaz and I both agreed we didn't care for it.

Back
Top Bottom