Recipe Aglio & Olio – The Simplest Spaghetti Sauce Ever, with Garlic, Olive Oil and Chili Pepper

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:02 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk

A traditional Italian delicious recipe with spaghetti, so simple and tasty to prepare with a few basic ingredients . Simplicity in a dish full of flavour and satisfaction. It’s also the dish that saves you when there is a lunar landscape in the fridge, or when you organize a last-minute dinner with friends or even when friends stop late at night and then, the classic question : “spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino?”.. and the answer is obviously “sì!”

Serves 4, Preparation time 10 mins, Cooking time 8-10 minutes

• 400 g. spaghetti
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1 fresh chili pepper or 2 dried chili peppers
  • 10 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • Salt to taste (for the water)
Method

Start by boiling the salted water that will serve to cook spaghetti.

Meanwhile, peel and crush a little the garlic cloves. You can also cut them in half for length. I left them whole.

In a large frying pan, heat the EVOO, then add the garlic cloves, brown them for a few minutes until they are golden and then combine the chili pepper in pieces (if you use the dry one, open them and pour also the seeds inside) and brown for a couple of minutes. Turn off the fire.

Drain spaghetti ” al dente” (a couple of minutes before the cooking time marked on the package) and put aside some of the cooking water.

Pour spaghetti in the pan with garlic and oil, turn on the flame again, add a little of cooking water, stir well and remove the garlic. Serve spaghetti immediately.

Love it! I haven't made it in quite a while. It is a very simple comfort food, and it is quick and easy to make.

CD

View attachment 34862

A traditional Italian delicious recipe with spaghetti, so simple and tasty to prepare with a few basic ingredients . Simplicity in a dish full of flavour and satisfaction. It’s also the dish that saves you when there is a lunar landscape in the fridge, or when you organize a last-minute dinner with friends or even when friends stop late at night and then, the classic question : “spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino?”.. and the answer is obviously “sì!”

Serves 4, Preparation time 10 mins, Cooking time 8-10 minutes

• 400 g. spaghetti
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1 fresh chili pepper or 2 dried chili peppers
  • 10 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • Salt to taste (for the water)
Method

Start by boiling the salted water that will serve to cook spaghetti.

Meanwhile, peel and crush a little the garlic cloves. You can also cut them in half for length. I left them whole.

In a large frying pan, heat the EVOO, then add the garlic cloves, brown them for a few minutes until they are golden and then combine the chili pepper in pieces (if you use the dry one, open them and pour also the seeds inside) and brown for a couple of minutes. Turn off the fire.

Drain spaghetti ” al dente” (a couple of minutes before the cooking time marked on the package) and put aside some of the cooking water.

Pour spaghetti in the pan with garlic and oil, turn on the flame again, add a little of cooking water, stir well and remove the garlic. Serve spaghetti immediately.

Your food always look so good - makes me wish I could reach into the screen and grab a bite! Thank you for posting the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom