Air fryer cooking

The truth is, it came in three colors; hellfire red and black. All the other small appliances in my kitchen are black, and I was just wanting a little color, I think, but it’s like that mixer broke the seal. :laugh:
Yeah, mine are either black or stainless, which is why I chose the jewel tones. But retro aqua suits you. Hella lot better than the classic mustard and olive green, remember the old 50s and 60s toilets, sinks, countertops, etc.? UGH!

Now you need one of these:
1657926364375.png

Okay, maybe it's a little too dark. This is more the color:

1657926640854.png

Last edited:
MrsT has noticed that Weight Watchers likes air fryer recipes, so she’s dusted the cobwebs off her purse, undone the deadbolt lock on it, gave the secret password, and authorized the purchase of this 3-qt machine:

View attachment 87827

View attachment 87828
Dash

She even extended my credit to include the associated accessory kit and cookbook.

Do NOT cook steak in it. Every review I have heard says not to cook steak in an air fryer.

CD

Do NOT cook steak in it. Every review I have heard says not to cook steak in an air fryer.

CD
I don't think I would need someone to tell me that. But then again, they put "caution, appliance is hot" tags on the cords of clothes irons and more. And I think I posted a photo of the pizza box that stated "remove pizza from box and wrapper before cooking"...:eek:

Edited to add that yeah, it's probably not too dangerous to cook steak in an air fryer, but maybe it could catch it on fire (I think bacon is a hazard because of the grease splatters).

Yeah, mine are either black or stainless, which is why I chose the jewel tones. But retro aqua suits you. Hella lot better than the classic mustard and olive green, remember the old 50s and 60s toilets, sinks, countertops, etc.? UGH!

Now you need one of these:
View attachment 87832

Okay, maybe it's a little too dark. This is more the color:

View attachment 87833

I remember the 70s colors being Avocado Green and Harvest Gold. We had an Avocado Green refrigerator.

CD

I don't think I would need someone to tell me that. But then again, they put "caution, appliance is hot" tags on the cords of clothes irons and more. And I think I posted a photo of the pizza box that stated "remove pizza from box and wrapper before cooking"...:eek:

Edited to add that yeah, it's probably not too dangerous to cook steak in an air fryer, but maybe it could catch it on fire (I think bacon is a hazard because of the grease splatters).

I posted that because I saw "steaks" on the package in TR's post. Of course I would never expect YOU to ever make a mistake. :wink:

CD

Pretty soon you'll be changing your backsplash to match...or at least get some aqua cloth napkins and melamine plates!
That’s what’s good about a neutral backsplash - it goes with anything.

No melamine, though. :headshake:

That's a beauty there TastyReuben .
Something I learned with using an Air Fry (and other countertop appliances) put a wooden cutting board under it to protect the surface under that.
My SIL neglected to do so and her quartz countertop cracked under the heat.
Another tip I learned the hard way on is to place the Air Fryer close to your hood vent, things happen, just sayin' (like tonight's dinner of Real Good Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken breast meat, it starts to smoke if stuff drips down into the base of the fryer and it does).
And it's recommended to not place the Air Fryer directly on your cooktop, some thing can happen ... but I' sure you know this already ...

CD

You can actually cook steak in an air-fryer and quite successfully if you do it the right way.

What won't work is to throw in a 2" thick ribeye as a whole piece, but what I do is slice it into about 1" strips, season it then air-fry it for about 7-8 mins on full (which on my machine is 200C). Comes out really well and doesn't make a load of smoke!

Back
Top Bottom