Any ‘Retro’ Food You Miss?

I thought the sauce and pepperoni were served on the cardboard (AKA crust)?
I loved them because it was a lot of food and they were cheap!

When I first joined the Air Force, it took all of one paycheck and half of the other to pay for my little truck and the insurance, so I never had much extra money for the first few months. It didn't matter, because I ate at the dining hall for free, but what little money I had, I'd spend it on cheap fast food, like those BK Burger Bundles and Little Caesar's Pizza Pizza!

I ate at Little Caesar's for the first time in decades about a year ago, and the pizza, while still definitely a fast food product, was much, much better than what we were getting in the 80's, but I would have traded it in an instant for one of those "vintage" ones.

I didn't realize A&W is making another go at this. I posted in the ground meat thread about how the 1/3 pound burger failed because people didn't realize 1/3 pound is more than 1/4 pound. So, they're apparently playing on that. Now, people will probably see the picture and think that the 1/4 pounder being higher up means that it's better. :laugh:

View attachment 86807
The only way that's gonna fly...you gotta go common denominator, AW! Convert it to twelfths!

At what, the fact that there was once a Bellburger, or the fact that there is currently a Taco Bell fandom site? :scratchhead: :laugh:
It's the burger itself. No, I am not surprised about the fandom site.

Have you seen that commercial that insinuates the Pavlov dog thing? The comic characters gal and guy who are completely nerdy and have a moment of instant infatuation when their eyes meet...and then the Taco Bell gong sounds and she immediately turns around and heads for the nearest Taco Bell? I love those commercials.

View: https://youtu.be/B1CfH7ygSPk

You would be playing cricket and having greenhouse gas emissions during the game? Or while watching a game?
Neither. Curried beans on toast was (a) protein (b) a quick fix and (c) just enough food to get me through half the game, which was when we had "Tea". Sandwiches with the crusts cut off, you know!:laugh::laugh:
I was a "fast" bowler.

Anybody remember Burger Chef (and Jeff)? Rival to McD’s and BK.

There’s an alley I used to cut through when I’d walk from the bus stop to my office in Cincy, and on the backside of one of the buildings was a very, ver faint Burger Chef logo, just fading away on its own.

I got a special sheet in the mail. They are cheap to me.
Few more......

Russ

Neither. Curried beans on toast was (a) protein (b) a quick fix and (c) just enough food to get me through half the game, which was when we had "Tea". Sandwiches with the crusts cut off, you know!:laugh::laugh:
I was a "fast" bowler.
I was a seam bowler. My son was a talented indoor cricketer but never got picked for Canterbury teams because he was too mouthy.

Russ

View attachment 86821

Plus super shakes at 3.50 and they are big!!

Russ
I get it. I was just way out of the loop from not eating fast food for so long. Apparently those are good deals in this day and age, but I wager your burgers you make at home are WAYYYYYYYYYY better. Especially if you can do a lamb-beef burger, I bet that would be fantastic!

I get it. I was just way out of the loop from not eating fast food for so long. Apparently those are good deals in this day and age, but I wager your burgers you make at home are WAYYYYYYYYYY better. Especially if you can do a lamb-beef burger, I bet that would be fantastic!
Never done a lamb burger. I love lamb but not in a burger.

Russ

Ah, Royal Castle! In high school, my buddies and I would stop to get bait for fishing and buy boxes of those burgers for the trip. The Royal Castle was next to the bait store. Home of the Birch Beer, which I liked a lot better than root beer, and Orange Julius! I remember when they first opened in our area, the burgers were a nickel (gas was $.15 a gallon.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom