Recipe Beanie Crumble

Sable Beech

Veteran
Local time
10:22 PM
This is a simple dish, but hearty and oh so tasty!

beaniecrumble.jpg

Ingredients for two people:
Two cans of butter beans or cannellini beans or a mix of the two as we did
Six tomatoes cut into pieces
Two tablespoons of double concentrate tomato paste
A dash of white wine vinegar
A couple of sprinklings of garam masala
A couple of sprinkles of Tabasco
A couple of handfuls of salt
Dry breadcrumbs
A few bayleaves
Some fresh spinach to wilt
Handful of grated cheese. We used a very good cheddar.
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F

Method

Open the cans of beans and pour them into the pan with their juices and add the bay leaves.

Cut up tomatoes and add them to the pan.

Bring to the boil and then turn it down to let it simmer slowly.

Add the tomato paste, garam masala, the Tabasco, and the white wine vinegar at this point.

Once the vegetables are soft, add the spinach and let it wilt down and when the juices have reduced, then pour them into a good hearty dish, sprinkle on the breadcrumbs and the cheese and
place it in the oven for about twenty five minutes, or until golden brown on top.

Enjoy!

ps how do I add tags?

Last edited by a moderator:
I explained how to add tags in the Add Tags thread. Now you have posted the recipe you can add tags either by clicking on 'edit' on the bottom left of your post. and then following my directions... or by clicking on the Add Tags link in to top left hand corner of your recipe post (just below the title).

I note that you have only posted a thumbnail photo. If you want a full sized picture to appear,click on the 'edit' link on the bottom left of your post, then on 'more options' below the window of text. Then scroll to the bottom where you will see your photo. Click on 'full image' then 'save changes'.

Last edited:
I am a new member - could this be the reason why or has the policy on tagging changed. (I note on another post new members cannot tag.) I was putting this forward for this cookingbites challenge.

I am a new member - could this be the reason why or has the policy on tagging changed. (I note on another post new members cannot tag.) I was putting this forward for this cookingbites challenge.
Puzzled by this. @SatNavSaysStraightOn or @Shaun (moderators) should be able to clarify. In the meantime, I will tag your recipe to the Challenge!

Back
Top Bottom