• It depends on which type

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends how its used in a recipe

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
TastyReuben you wrote in another thread:

'I have a semi-opened mind: open enough that I’m happy when others are happy enjoying whatever it is they’re enjoying, but after more than a half-century on this planet, I’ve worked out what I like and dislike to my own satisfaction, and do 🤨 when someone tells me, “No, really, I know you say you don’t like <insert nasty dish here>, but you haven’t tried mine…” - I know my own mind, thanks'

So I think I remember you are not fond of macaroni and cheese. You don't hate it but lots of people tried to convince you that theirs would enthrall you and win your devotion and were wrong.

Well a few years ago my neighbor made some macaroni and cheese that I hated. It tasted like dirty feet. Thankfully she had sent it over in a container instead of serving it to me at her house so she didn't have to watch me choke and heave when I tasted it. She called me the next day and asked how I had liked it. I told her that I had found it interesting. I didn't want to tell her how awful it was, nor did I want to lie and say I liked it. She said, "Ah. You don't like blue cheese, do you?" I admitted that i didn't care for it. She said, "Wow, you have really sensitive tastebuds because I used way more cheddar and other cheeses than I did the blue cheese."

Anyway, TastyReuben i thought you'd find that amusing.

So I think I remember you are not fond of macaroni and cheese. You don't hate it but lots of people tried to convince you that theirs would enthrall you and win your devotion and were wrong.
Right - I was actually physically assaulted at work over saying I didn’t like macaroni-and-cheese.

Some things are sacred to Midwesterners! :laugh:

Right - I was actually physically assaulted at work over saying I didn’t like macaroni-and-cheese.

Some things are sacred to Midwesterners! :laugh:
Wait--i'm sorry for laughing. Physically assaulted? Seriously?

Wait--i'm sorry for laughing. Physically assaulted? Seriously?
Yep - there was a very bully-ish woman at work, incredibly loud, pushy, opinionated, sexist, racist.

I mentioned in passing I didn’t like macaroni-and-cheese, and she lost her 💩 over it. She started yelling, “What?! What?! Who doesn’t like mac-n-cheese?! EVERYBODY LIKES MAC-N-CHEESE!”

I begged to differ, and before it was over, she’d backed me into a cubicle, hammering my chest with finger, and screaming a half-inch from my face, “YOU HAVEN'T HAD MINE! MINE HAS FOUR CHEESES! FOUR!”

She got very quietly fired shortly after that for making a tasteless racist comment during a work lunch, so it all worked out. :laugh:

Back to blue cheese, the last time I tried it, the cheesemonger (a proper one) tried to convince me that they had the perfect blue cheese for people who don’t like blue cheese - “I guarantee you’ll like it.”

I tried it, I didn’t, so I asked what I got in return.

“What do you mean?”
“You said you guaranteed I’d like it, and I didn’t, so what do I get?”
“I don’t know. That’s never happened before.”
:laugh:

Don't like mac-n-cheese? Bet ya' don't like hot dogs or apple pie, either. Whut kinda' Murcan are you?

CD :D
Hot dogs yes, very much. Apple pie, I can take it or leave it. I don’t like fruit pies in general. I suppose apple is a good as any, and better than most, though. I’d rather have apple crisp/crumble.

If I’m having a pie, I want meat and vegetable in it!

Hot dogs yes, very much. Apple pie, I can take it or leave it. I don’t like fruit pies in general. I suppose apple is a good as any, and better than most, though. I’d rather have apple crisp/crumble.

If I’m having a pie, I want meat and vegetable in it!
Probably somebody likes apple pie with blue cheese. Yuck.

I like Dutch apple pie. No cheese.

Probably somebody likes apple pie with blue cheese. Yuck.

I like Dutch apple pie. No cheese.
I'm not sure about with the blue cheese bit, but with Lancashire, Cheshire or Wensleydale (all young salty crumbly cheeses), its great. They also work well with fruit cake (sorry that's a Lancashire Yorkshire thing).

I'm not sure about with the blue cheese bit, but with Lancashire, Cheshire or Wensleydale (all young salty crumbly cheeses), its great. They also work well with fruit cake (sorry that's a Lancashire Yorkshire thing).
I'm just sorry about the fruitcake. That's nearly as bad as blue cheese. I guess I can see how they belong together lol.

Well, the apple pie with cheddar ice cream I made for a challenge came out pretty good.

Recipe - Cheddar Apple Pie Ice Cream

I don't know, I like blue cheese with apples so...
I've ofen said that the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. I've got a long list of foods I dislike (eggplant, ginger, sweet potatoes, and many more). Its fine, lol.

Moving slowly this morning, I didn't sleep well last night. Gotta go grab my coffee, clear my head, and look over recipss!

My son and I have tried the stinkiest cheeses we could tolerate a few times for fun. Once I brought some really rancid stuff home and then went away for the weekend leaving him home alone. When we cam home that Sunday afternoon I was mad at him for not throwing the kitchen garbage out. He quickly showed me the bag in the bin outside. The smell was coming from that piece of cheese in the refrigerator.

I have to admit that, the stinkier the cheese, the more I like it.
Many years ago in Caracas, there used to be a Xmas Bazaar in aid of children with developmental disorders. They had this thing with the French Embassy, and always brought the most disgusting, stinky, foul, odiferous,putrescent cheeses for sale.
I´d buy them all, take them home, and my wife would immediately leave for a week at the beach. Pont L´Evecque, Petit Livarot, Reblochon, Epoisses, Crottin,...bring them on.

Back
Top Bottom