Christmas Meal 2020

Xmas Dinner

Pumpkin Soup, made from the last pumpkin I had grown. Wine
Fresh Whole Turkey, Ham, roast Spuds and Parsnips, Brussels, Carrots, Bread sauce, Cranberry sauce, Apple sauce, Turkey Gravy. all made or grown by me, except the meat of course. More Wine
Xmas Pudding, Pear Trifle. Brandy Butter, Brandy Sauce, Whisky
5 Cheese board.
Irish Coffee.
More Whisky
I also just finishing my first ever Chocolate Log, I'll try to remember to take a photo and post in a few days:D

Updated list.

Menu for tomorrow:
Italian antipasto platter from our favorite Italian restaurant. It includes:
Vitello tonnato
Caprese salad on sticks
Mortadella pistachio
Carpaccio
Prosciutto
Salami piccante
Salami tartufo
Gorgonzola
Parmigiano
Salmon parcels
Green olives
Pesto a la Genovese with bread sticks
Grilled mushrooms

And for dessert, tiramisu.

Menu for Christmas eve
Starter:
Salmon & prawn wreath with cucumber and avocado

Main:
Roast chicken stuffed with dried fruit, pommes duchesse, sprouts, gravy, yorkies and cranberry sauce

Dessert:
Salted caramel meringue roll with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Menu for new years eve:
Sushi from our favorite place.
Spicy tuna uramaki
Katsu uramaki (chicken)
Ebi uramaki (prawn)
California roll
Squid nigiri
Salmon nigiri
Ebi teriyaki
Gyoza
Banana fritters

Homemade apple fritters too, and some British beer & cider. Should start 2021 off well!

Menu for Xmas eve:

Antipasto: Scallops au gratin and Vol-au-vant with smoked salmon and wild fennel

Primo Piatto: Linguine with langoustine

Secondo piatto: roasted langoustine and a spinach salad with pear and walnuts

Xmas menu:

Antipasti: charcuterie and cheese board with speck ham, wild boar salame, Parmigiano and Sicilian cheese with black pepper grains, some puff pastry bread sticks

Primo Piatto: Tortellini in brodo

Secondo Piatto: Stuffed cockerel with chestnuts, aromatic herbs and lard paired with roasted potatoes and Mostarda from Cremona (spicy candied whole fruit)

Dolci: Panettone and Torrone

Last edited:
Christmas has officially started, TVC's home made leek and potato soup with added grated cheese and ham.

I forgot to get some wine for Christmas and New Year's meals. Oh my!

But that's OK. I'm not an alka ... alka wah ... hic ... alka wah whichamah ... hic ... alka wah whichamah - hallick ... erp ... call it. :woot:

First Meal of The Feast of the Less Than Seven Fishes Day: (Christmas Eve).

dec 24 shrimp breakfast-.jpg

Omelet: Eggs (including one quail egg). Shrimp. Leeks. Cheddar. Cilantro (Coriander leaf). Ground pepper. Fold over, allow to cook another three minutes, and serve. There is enough salt in the cheese I don't add more.

Remembering to buy wine is a life skill?
It is around here! :)

Rib roast is uncovered and seasoned, drying out overnight in the fridge.

Yorkshire pudding batter is made.

All that's left is prepping some potatoes and making the breakfast sweet roll dough (that'll be the toughest, as there's some artistry involved).

It is around here! :)

Rib roast is uncovered and seasoned, drying out overnight in the fridge.

Yorkshire pudding batter is made.

All that's left is prepping some potatoes and making the breakfast sweet roll dough (that'll be the toughest, as there's some artistry involved).

Well, I figure a good wine is worth sharing and with the pandemic lock down, I find myself relatively home bound. The women of the house have their own social engagements for Christmas and New Years. So, I am going it alone. There's no problem with that. I'm an old fart who has had plenty of time to adapt as old friends died off or disappeared. Relatives? Parents are deceased and siblings are scattered all over the US. I will chat by phone with them and not share a fine wine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom