Cooking Shows

I worked in an Italian restaurant where the owner/chef was verbally abusive to everyone. His son did everything in the kitchen from being the sous chef to washing dishes. I saw this owner punch his son in the face once and knock him down the back steps. It's no wonder that the son hated his father. Oh, and he was also verbally abusive to female employees who were pretty and rebuffed his advances. He liked girls between 18-24 or so. I was too old for him at 27 (he was in his 50s) so he didn't make advances to me.

It works in reverse as well. I had an office manageress who made advances towards me about 10 years ago, even told me she had an affair with her last boss. She used to wear tight clothes and bend over in front of me as well . It was quite unsettling. She eventually left.

Russ

It works in reverse as well. I had an office manageress who made advances towards me about 10 years ago, even told me she had an affair with her last boss. She used to wear tight clothes and bend over in front of me as well . It was quite unsettling. She eventually left.

Russ

The reverse thing... Before I read this and realized it was a gender reverse, I thought it was a lower level employee hitting on / abusive to a manager (without even assigning either gender in my mind)!

I'm glad she left - and I hope she's not making anyone else unhappy. In fact, it would be great if she's on an unemployment line somewhere.

I'm addicted to "Chopped". I am both amazed and intimidated by how talented so many of the contestants are. I was blown away when I first saw "Chopped, Junior". These kids are making full meals beautifully and some of them are as young as 10 years old. Wow.

I'm addicted to "Chopped". I am both amazed and intimidated by how talented so many of the contestants are. I was blown away when I first saw "Chopped, Junior". These kids are making full meals beautifully and some of them are as young as 10 years old. Wow.
And so quickly! I would never get my food on the plate in 30 minutes. I am so slow in the kitchen most of the time, lol!

I was binge watching "Iron Chef America" this week and really liked the episodes where the iron chefs compete against one another. It's nice to see them in the kitchen versus the judges' table. I always wonder where the "experts" come from and it's clear WHY they are well respected in the culinary community.

Now, I'm addicted to "Cutthroat Kitchen". Binge watching on Hulu. I also watched "Cake Wars" and "Cupcake Wars". My hat is off to anybody that can work under that kind of pressure.

For our Canadian members and those that can get the show, What do you think of "You Gotta Eat Here" and the host John Catucci?

One other question, off topic, Why are Newfies (people) considered "odd"?
I saw that a couple of times. Really good show. The American channel The Cooking Channel shows a lot of programs, but only a few episodes. He is a good host. The guy that brings his own fork right ?

We have lost our cooking channel, Sky had it on channel 18 and I recorded lots on there. Now they place the cooking stuff on all different channels now. I have to search to find them now.
Masterchef Australia is starting here soon, I won't be watching, I don't like the judges attitudes.

Russ

For our Canadian members and those that can get the show, What do you think of "You Gotta Eat Here" and the host John Catucci?

One other question, off topic, Why are Newfies (people) considered "odd"?
I don't mind it...He's a fun enough guy...I was approached to be on that show from our business developement official, but then when I found out I had to submit an application and pay a fee I decided I didn't want to be part of the process..I may never have been selected after all, but I was too busy to get involved..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom