CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Parsley

The reason why we rarely use it is that we don't particularly like the way it tastes or the texture (even the flat leaf) in things where it is used predominantly. If a recipe calls for it, it is either omitted, replaced or greatly reduced in quantity.

Fair enough - if you both don't like the taste and texture I can understand it.

The reason why we rarely use it is that we don't particularly like the way it tastes or the texture (even the flat leaf) in things where it is used predominantly. If a recipe calls for it, it is either omitted, replaced or greatly reduced in quantity.
There's no reason why you can't still submit these recipes for the challenge with a note saying how much parsley the original recipe calls for and how much you've used . Provided the recipe actually has some parsley in it ,it will qualify .

Is that because your local parsley is coarser and stronger, growing in a hot climate? I am currently in Cyprus where the parsley (in fact, most of the herbs) has coarser, thicker leaves and tastes much stronger than our native UK varieties. I much prefer softer, milder stuff at home.

Is that because your local parsley is coarser and stronger, growing in a hot climate? I am currently in Cyprus where the parsley (in fact, most of the herbs) has coarser, thicker leaves and tastes much stronger than our native UK varieties. I much prefer softer, milder stuff at home.

Maybe? I don't know that I've ever had parsley grown in a cooler climate like you have. I certainly wouldn't consider ours soft or mild.

Baked stuffed tomatoes with parsley and parmesan (plus breadcrumbs). Unfortunately the parsley doesn't show in the photo and I ran out of parsley to sprinkle on top so I used baby basil leaves.

fullsizeoutput_4756.jpeg

Mum used to make me eat tripe and parsley sauce, at 5 foot nothing she was feared about wasting food, so I swallowed chunks of it until I retched. When I was about 10 I flatly refused, and havnt eaten it since and don't intend too. However.......... I use store bought parsley and other herbs for cooking. Then my wife bought a dehydrater.
So now we grow all our herbs, dry them and chop. We also freeze. I use plain parsley but we also have flat leaf Italian parsley. I never really thought parsley had a taste, but in my chicken croquettes there's a lot of parsley. I will enter in the challenge on this. It does make a nice flavour in the croquettes.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom