CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Parsley

The only thing that has tweaked me a bit is that it's currently possible to submit recipes that the member didn't create. I certainly have no issue with someone submitting a family recipe or something that their friend suggested. But, I have seen at least one past winner who found a recipe that a famous chef created, and they submitted that. They didn't present it as their own creation, but I think it's not in the spirit of the competition for someone to win by virtue of their skills with Google.

I am thinking that may be a long while back? People often posted recipes that they googled without even cooking them when the challenge first started. Recently, members have been cooking the recipes they submit, which in my view is how it should be. But are you saying you don't think members should submit recipes unless they are originated by them or their family? I think that would be too draconian. And how we could possibly police that I don't know.

Personally, I am passionate about developing my own recipes and I don't think I've ever submitted a recipe to the challenge that I didn't develop myself. But that is me. Plenty of members use recipes from the internet or from books or 'traditional' recipes from their own culture.

I am thinking that may be a long while back? People often posted recipes that they googled without even cooking them when the challenge first started. Recently, members have been cooking the recipes they submit, which in my view is how it should be. But are you saying you don't think members should submit recipes unless they are originated by them or their family? I think that would be too draconian. And how we could possibly police that I don't know.

Personally, I am passionate about developing my own recipes and I don't think I've ever submitted a recipe to the challenge that I didn't develop myself. But that is me. Plenty of members use recipes from the internet or from books or 'traditional' recipes from their own culture.
No...that's not what I meant. I meant that the member should actually cook the recipe, and not just provide a link to someone else's recipe. I know that most people do, but I think it would be a good idea to be clear on what the policy is so there's no confusion.

No...that's not what I meant. I meant that the member should actually cook the recipe, and not just provide a link to someone else's recipe. I know that most people do, but I think it would be a good idea to be clear on what the policy is so there's no confusion.

I agree. The only difficulty could be if someone doesn't (or isn't able to) photograph what they have cooked then there is no proof they ever cooked it. I suppose even a photo doesn't really prove it as it could be plagiarised - but its pretty easy to spot that and track it down.

I will leave this to @SatNavSaysStraightOn to comment as she is the one who started the challenge and wrote the original rules.

Back to Parsley. I have quire a few more entries in the pipeline and can definitely say that thanks to @MypinchofItaly choosing this ingredient I now know far more about how to use it than before!

Back to Parsley. I have quire a few more entries in the pipeline and can definitely say that thanks to @MypinchofItaly choosing this ingredient I now know far more about how to use it than before!
I totally agree! I was surprised I was able to make 3 things that featured parsley without it feeling forced. This is what I love about cooking challenges.

Heritage Tomato Salad with Potatoes, Parsley & Broad Beans

fullsizeoutput_4825.jpeg

Last edited:
Roasted Potatoes with bacon, mushrooms and corn
This recipe is a great side dish for nearly any meal. In fact, roasted potatoes is a staple in my kitchen. Great addition for lunch at work too. Normally, I use spices like cumin or ginger to season this dish but this is parsley month. I was very pleased with the results. I even had half a serving leftover which became part of a delicious breakfast the next morning.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom