CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Parsley

It is my understanding that once the recipe has been posted on Cookingbites (in whatever thread), it is then excluded from future challenges.

I don't make the rules.
That's not my recollection. The only time related posting here is that it must be uploaded during the contest or within the last 30 days. There's nothing in the rules stating it can only be entered into one challenge. The whole idea behind this challenge is to get people to upload new recipes with a specific ingredient onto CB. When it started back in 2015? getting members to add recipes to CB was a major headache hence the idea of running it. Referring to previously entered recipes isn't permitted because it simply didn't challenge people or get new recipes onto CB.

This is from post 2 of the rules and last winners post.
You must post up the recipe here on CookingBites during the time frame of the competition (no screenshots of or links to recipes on other sites other than crediting is permitted).
It seems that the reference to the last 30 days had gone missing, though I clearly recall it.

All that said, parsley sauce really should be uploaded to CB in its own right because I know plenty of people who'd never go to a fish recipe looking for a sauce to make vegan or vegetarian.

That's not my recollection. The only time related posting here is that it must be uploaded during the contest or within the last 30 days. There's nothing in the rules stating it can only be entered into one challenge.

I know I added the 30 days rule to the Prize Challenge - but to my knowledge it was never included in the rules for the Recipe Challenge. I've certainly never edited the rules and had always assumed that it meant not posted prior to the start of the challenge.

If you look at the old Recipe Challenge post here from 2017 it contains the rules as originally included in the top post:
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/the-cookingbites-recipe-challenge-celery.11539/

Also see this post here from the very first Recipe Challenge (in its current form) on Nov 5, 2015 #24

So, you are saying that if the recipe was uploaded longer than 30 days ago then it follows that it can't be eligible? @Yorky's recipe was posted over a year ago in any case.

So, you are saying that if the recipe was uploaded longer than 30 days ago then it follows that it can't be eligible? @Yorky's recipe was posted over a year ago in any case.
Yes that's the case and always has been.
I know I added the 30 days rule to the Prize Challenge - but to my knowledge it was never included in the rules for the Recipe Challenge.
I think you're right about the 30 day thing as well.

So it still stands that it had to be uploaded during the challenge to be eligible.

Don't worry, it has caught me of in the past as well . I've added a recipe a day or two before a new challenge time frame only not to be able to enter it into the recipe challenge but that's life I guess .

I was sure that I read somewhere that "The [Cookingbites] Recipe Challenge precludes previously published recipes." However, I could have been dreaming.
Previously published on this site, yes. But on your own site, no.
However incorporated it into another recipe and then as a recipe of its own gets into murky grounds we've not covered before so for the moment yes, it's fine. We'll update the regs if needed after this challenge .

We'll update the regs if needed after this challenge .

Yes - we can review it then. Maybe it should include recipes posted here in the last 30 days from when the challenge starts. Its up to you. The main thing is to try and get fresh recipes posted rather than re-cycling older ones.

Yes - we can review it then. Maybe it should include recipes posted here in the last 30 days from when the challenge starts. Its up to you. The main thing is to try and get fresh recipes posted rather than re-cycling older ones.
The only thing that has tweaked me a bit is that it's currently possible to submit recipes that the member didn't create. I certainly have no issue with someone submitting a family recipe or something that their friend suggested. But, I have seen at least one past winner who found a recipe that a famous chef created, and they submitted that. They didn't present it as their own creation, but I think it's not in the spirit of the competition for someone to win by virtue of their skills with Google.

Back
Top Bottom