Recipe Crayfish & vodka salad

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
9:31 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
As you all requested me to enter this salad recipe into the competetion, I decided to do so though I am not expecting any wins because it's exceedingly easy. All the work goes into making it look nice, that's all.
Rivierkreeftjescocktail.jpg

For 4 persons you need:
Good quality mayonaise
Good quality ketchup
Paprika powder (sweet)
Tabasco
Vodka (optional)
Salt & pepper
1 large avocado
1 baby romaine lettuce
1 small cucumber
300 g of crawfish flesh or crabmeat or prawns(cooked)

1) Mix 4 tbsp of mayonaise with 4 tbsp of ketchup, add 1 tbsp of tabasco (or less if you don't like spicy), 1 tsp paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste. This is your cocktail sauce. 1 tbsp of vodka can be added for those looking for a more adult version. The sauce will be a little runnier.
2)Peel and dice the cucumber (brunoise style) and do the same with the avocado. Chop the lettuce.
3) Choose a nice glass and layer some lettuce in it, then some cucumber and top with avocado. Divide over 4 glasses.
4) Put crayfish on the avocado, and dress with cocktail sauce.
5) Serve with some thin slices of French bread to mop up the sauce and long spoons to eat with.

As you all requested me to enter this salad recipe into the competetion, I decided to do so though I am not expecting any wins because it's exceedingly easy. All the work goes into making it look nice, that's all.
View attachment 110496
For 4 persons you need:
Good quality mayonaise
Good quality ketchup
Paprika powder (sweet)
Tabasco
Vodka (optional)
Salt & pepper
1 large avocado
1 baby romaine lettuce
1 small cucumber
300 g of crawfish flesh or crabmeat or prawns(cooked)

1) Mix 4 tbsp of mayonaise with 4 tbsp of ketchup, add 1 tbsp of tabasco (or less if you don't like spicy), 1 tsp paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste. This is your cocktail sauce. 1 tbsp of vodka can be added for those looking for a more adult version. The sauce will be a little runnier.
2)Peel and dice the cucumber (brunoise style) and do the same with the avocado. Chop the lettuce.
3) Choose a nice glass and layer some lettuce in it, then some cucumber and top with avocado. Divide over 4 glasses.
4) Put crayfish on the avocado, and dress with cocktail sauce.
5) Serve with some thin slices of French bread to mop up the sauce and long spoons to eat with.
Yep I’d eat that right now!

And to be honest apart from a fishfinger sammidge it’s one of the only things I use tomato ketchup for.

Although now I think about it Ching He Haung was partial to a bit of TK in her recipes (before the cheffy snobs got to her and she switched to salt, honey n vinegar 😂) and I enjoyed her first book a lot. OMG I might have an entry 😮

Back
Top Bottom