Easter food & drink traditions

I must try this next time we have roast pork. Agree with the flavour balancing - by coincidence I have some slices of Bramley apple that have been pickling since first thing this morning. They are to go on pork burgers tonight, possibly with some blue cheese as well.
I never try pickle rhubrab is there recipe?

Sarana x

MrsDangermouse - re the lack of apple sauce I was wondering if you had rhubarb on your allotment. If so it makes a great sauce for pork.

Lime and garlic make a great marinade/sauce for pork, called Mojo! You can also use sour orange juice instead of the limes. Don't forget Cochinita Pibil.:okay:

Sarana x
I would guess it's similar to the pickled apples I am doing:

200ml white wine vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
200ml water
40g sugar
10g salt
Dried herbs of choice (i used fennel seeds, black peppercorns, allspice and Chinese five spice)

Core and slice apple nad combine with the above pickling liquor in a vac pack or ziplock bag and refridgerate for 8+ hours.

I would guess it's similar to the pickled apples I am doing:

200ml white wine vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
200ml water
40g sugar
10g salt
Dried herbs of choice (i used fennel seeds, black peppercorns, allspice and Chinese five spice)

Core and slice apple nad combine with the above pickling liquor in a vac pack or ziplock bag and refridgerate for 8+ hours.
Grazie,
I think I try this if I find Rhubarb.
Sarana x

Mojo is not made with lemons. It is a Cuban marinade and sauce, made with a minimal of lime juice/sour orange juice/combo of lime juice and orange juice, lots of garlic, onion, salt, cumin and Spanish olive oil.
Si CraigC I understood, I just thinking lime an lemon citrus so may work also.

Sarana x

Neither do I as a religious festival - it was originally a pagan festival to celebrate the changing of seasons. So that is what I celebrate. Hot cross buns here (which are not pagan, I suspect - but are delicious).

Eostre was the pagan celebration and I believe the Easter Bunny is a carried over part of the pagan celebration.

Eostre was the pagan celebration and I believe the Easter Bunny is a carried over part of the pagan celebration.

Yes - I think that's right. Oestre or Ostara from the Saxon Goddess of Spring. Its interesting how Christians 'took over' the pagan festivals to make them their own.

Yes - I think that's right. Oestre or Ostara from the Saxon Goddess of Spring. Its interesting how Christians 'took over' the pagan festivals to make them their own.
I see TV show while ago they say Christians take over Pagans festivals an change name so more acceptable for them may be so, may be not. I do think some if no many thing celebrate today start long time ago.

Sarana x

Sarana x

I am truly blessed with an amazing, loving family. Baby Brother called to allert me to the fact that tomorrow he will be making a drive by delivery of a ready to bake crawfish pie - his Easter specialty . He will drop off to all 3 of his sisters.
🤩
What a sweet, loving man
So homemade crawfish pie Easter Sunday. :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom