Ingredients:

1) Chicken half breast - 1/2
2) Rice - 1/4 cup dry
3) Mixed vegetables - 1/8 cup
4) Scallion - 1
5) Garlic - 4 to 5 medium to large cloves
6) Serrano pepper - 1
7) Eggs - 3
8) Chicken better than bouillon (BTB) - 2 tspns.
9) Soy sauce - 2 tspns.
10) Sesame seed, white - 2 to 3 tspns.
11) Peanut oil - as required

Procedure:

1) Boil water and cook the rice.

NOTE: When rice begins to soften, remove from heat and drain water.

2) Dice the chicken, scallion, garlic and Serrano pepper.
3) Separate the yolks from three eggs.

NOTE: Try to use the separated egg whites in some way as soon as possible or discard.

4) Mix rice with chicken, vegetables, onion, garlic, pepper and BTB.
5) Simmer with soy sauce and water just covering the mix.
6) Reduce the liquid as much as possible and allow to thicken.
7) Oil a frying pan or wok.
8) Heat the oil on medium heat.
9) Add rice mix, egg yolks and sesame seed.
10) Fry at medium high heat while turning the rice to toast and brown.
11) When satisfied with the frying of the mix, remove from heat.
12) Serve.

Its a lovely colourful fried rice and I like the use of garlic and Serrano peppers here. Its an unusual way to make egg fried rice. Usually, egg fried rice uses cooked cold rice and the veg and other ingredients are cooked in a pan or wok first, then the rice and egg added.

Its a lovely colourful fried rice and I like the use of garlic and Serrano peppers here. Its an unusual way to make egg fried rice. Usually, egg fried rice uses cooked cold rice and the veg and other ingredients are cooked in a pan or wok first, then the rice and egg added.

It's also a very tasty fried rice. Frying to toast it gave it a very nice texture and thickness. Cooking the ingredients all at once added flavor to the rice itself which helped quite a bit when the liquids were reduced and the mix was fried.

I always use cold rice too, it has to be fairly dry so it fries properly. I always have a pinch of five spice in mine too.

Back
Top Bottom