Fast food, convenience food and food snobbery

These are sold to commercial pubs and businesses here. My wife has access to commercial foods and we get the beef burger patties , pre cooked and quick. And my go to burger. They come in a sleeve of about 20 patties.
Our Products

Russ

But shy of 1/2 pound, what a ripoff if they are advertising it as 1/2 pound! Unless...unless it is the 1/3 pound burger, in which case it's generous? IDK.

In NE Ohio they have sauerkraut balls. They take sauerkraut, minced ham, seasonings, and some sort of binder like egg, roll them into balls, coat them with breadcrumbs, and fry them. My husband loves them.

In NE Ohio they have sauerkraut balls. They take sauerkraut, minced ham, seasonings, and some sort of binder like egg, roll them into balls, coat them with breadcrumbs, and fry them. My husband loves them.
We have multiple German societies in and around Cincy - let's just say sauerkraut balls show up at every single festival or fair around. My wife and I have rolled thousands and thousands over the years, getting ready for Maifest, Schawbenfest, Schuetzenfest, and Oktoberfest.

I do realize it's good for the digestive tract. I just can't get over the taste. First New Year's Day I spent at my in-laws they were having pork loin and saurkraut. They put the saurkraut over the pork and the flavor of the saurkraut overwhelmed the dish. I was like, "Where are the black-eyed peas?" They were, "What????"

Apparently pork and saurkraut on NYD are a tradition in families of German descendants up here (my husband's father is Italian but his mother is of German descent), it's supposed to be good luck. In the South US, people cook a pot of black-eyed peas on NYD for good luck. They had never heard of that. Afterwards, I would just bring a small pot of black-eyed peas on NYD and I ate a little edge of the pork that wasn't tainted by the saurkraut, LOL. My FIL liked my black-eyed peas but MIL wasn't as enthused. I would have liked some cornbread and greens to go with it...

This is new to me. I'm trying to imagine...
It's actually not bad, the saurkraut balls, that is. Frying them helps to neutralize the saurkraut flavor, that and the ham. The only thing I don't like is that some folks use Thousand Island dressing for a dip. I eat them with spicy cocktail sauce. I still will only eat 1 or 2 while my husband will eat 5 or 6 easily.

It's actually not bad, the saurkraut balls, that is. Frying them helps to neutralize the saurkraut flavor, that and the ham. The only thing I don't like is that some folks use Thousand Island dressing for a dip. I eat them with spicy cocktail sauce. I still will only eat 1 or 2 while my husband will eat 5 or 6 easily.
We dip them in mustard, and at a single festival, MrsTasty and I will go through 20 or more easily.

Oh, and I detest liver. Of any kind. My mom used to make me sit at the table to eat her fried calf liver and onions. I would sit there for hours (well it seemed like hours anyway) before she finally gave up and sent me to bed. Then when I was older I found out that the liver was a filter for toxins in the blood and it confirmed the decision of my taste buds.

Back
Top Bottom