Fast food, convenience food and food snobbery

I love it. :hungry:

Liver, sausage and onion gravy with fried mashed potatoes. Life doesn't get any better!

Well it looks nice, but I am sure I would be able to smell the liver in it! I would sub out the liver for some regular beef tips and all would be well in my world.

I've never eaten a kidney in my life. I would try it, though. As long as it doesn't have a strong, pungent taste like liver does I would probably continue to eat it. It's not something that one sees in the supermarkets over here.

[Mod Edit: This post and following few posts moved from another thread to form a new topic]

My Maria an her husband take me no McDonald but Burger King. I sit an look at it, I say Maria is this real meats? She say si mama. I say it seem for me box more to have in common with cow. I take one bite an ewwww no for me.

Sarana x

You must have had the Impossible Burger. It's made with no meat at all. No, thanks!!!:thumbsdown:

I've never eaten a kidney in my life. I would try it, though. As long as it doesn't have a strong, pungent taste like liver does I would probably continue to eat it. It's not something that one sees in the supermarkets over here.

I like kidneys much more than I like liver. The best thing to do to prep kidneys is to soak them in milk overnight.

These are sold to commercial pubs and businesses here. My wife has access to commercial foods and we get the beef burger patties , pre cooked and quick. And my go to burger. They come in a sleeve of about 20 patties.
Our Products

Russ

I am pretty sure I've never bought pre-formed beef burger patties to cook at home. My parents never did, At least then I am sure one saved money by forming ones own patties to cook. Don't know if this is still true, but since I like to season INSIDE my patties, I'm not interested in knowing.

I am pretty sure I've never bought pre-formed beef burger patties to cook at home. My parents never did, At least then I am sure one saved money by forming ones own patties to cook. Don't know if this is still true, but since I like to season INSIDE my patties, I'm not interested in knowing.
I like to use McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning and a touch of soy sauce in my burgers. I am really a burger snob, since for the past few years I have been using filet mignon scrap from buying whole tenderloins. I used to have the butcher cut the steaks and grind it for me, but since I have been doing curbside pickup, I have been trimming my own steaks and grinding the scraps myself in my food processor (slightly frozen chunks to keep them from turning into mush when pulsed). Before I got hooked on filet mignon burgers I would just buy a chuck roast and have the butcher trim it and grind it. I have never really liked frozen beef in a burger, I prefer fresh. Frozen ground beef is fine for pasta sauce and other things, though.

You must have had the Impossible Burger. It's made with no meat at all. No, thanks!!!:thumbsdown:

I had an Imposible burger -- at a premium burger joint, not a fast food place. It was pretty good. It is supposedly not any healthier than beef, but it works for vegans. Of course, the Adult Milk Shake I had with it was better. :wink:

CD

I've always made my own patties, but the pre made were given to me to try. I like them. My kids don't, they prefer my home made ones.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom