Fast food, convenience food and food snobbery

I've never eaten at Chipotle. Made a copycat version of a chicken dish once that we both liked. Craig has eaten there once or twice while on the road and won't go back again.

I've never eaten at Chipotle. Made a copycat version of a chicken dish once that we both liked. Craig has eaten there once or twice while on the road and won't go back again.
I've eaten there a few times, and thought it was ok, but nothing special. I felt they concentrated more on the portion size than they did the taste.

Ah, that's too bad he didn't have a good experience. Most of the times I went it was greatly positive. Maybe they should start having food evaluations again to step up their game. I would love to see the copycat version recipe! For me the hardest thing to do would be to replicate their rice. It was always perfect. And their sour cream was excellent, no antibiotics or hormone dairy and it was a thinner sour cream that was the consistency of pancake batter, not anything like what we get in the tubs at the grocer.

Ah, that's too bad he didn't have a good experience. Most of the times I went it was greatly positive. Maybe they should start having food evaluations again to step up their game. I would love to see the copycat version recipe! For me the hardest thing to do would be to replicate their rice. It was always perfect. And their sour cream was excellent, no antibiotics or hormone dairy and it was a thinner sour cream that was the consistency of pancake batter, not anything like what we get in the tubs at the grocer.

I'll have to look for it as it's in one of our old homemade cookbooks and never got put into electronic form. Remind me if I don't get it posted in next few days. I certainly wouldn't mind making it again.

Sounds like it is Mexican crema.

I'll have to look for it as it's in one of our old homemade cookbooks and never got put into electronic form. Remind me if I don't get it posted in next few days. I certainly wouldn't mind making it again.

Sounds like it is Mexican crema.

That would be great! The sour cream had a nice sharpness to it, does Mexican crema have a sharp, sour cream-like flavor?

I like Chipotle, although their bacteria problem sent me elsewhere, and never went back. We have a small chain called Freebirds World Burrito. I like it better. Only in Texas -- and ONE location in Utah???

Freebirds World Burrito | Fresh Tex-Mex Burritos & More

Another semi-fast food sandwich shop I LOVE is called Pot Belly Sandwiches. I always get the Italian on white.

Potbelly Sandwich Shop

Nationwide. Anyone else been to one?

CD

I like Chipotle, although their bacteria problem sent me elsewhere, and never went back. We have a small chain called Freebirds World Burrito. I like it better. Only in Texas -- and ONE location in Utah???

Freebirds World Burrito | Fresh Tex-Mex Burritos & More

Another semi-fast food sandwich shop I LOVE is called Pot Belly Sandwiches. I always get the Italian on white.

Potbelly Sandwich Shop

Nationwide. Anyone else been to one?

CD
Yeah, we have Potbelly here, frequently catered into the office (back when we all had offices to go to).

What are the ingredients of a Quarter Pounder?

And how do they differ from the ingredients of a Half Pounder (if there is such a thing)?
A quarter-pounder is just a bigger version of their regular cheeseburger, except it's got a seeded bun - burger patty, ketchup, mustard, cheese, pickle, and chopped onion.

There is no half-pounder.

A quarter-pounder is just a bigger version of their regular cheeseburger, except it's got a seeded bun - burger patty, ketchup, mustard, cheese, pickle, and chopped onion.

There is no half-pounder.

But, there is a double quarter-pounder. So, technically there is a half-pounder. :wink:

A quarter-pounder (no cheese) is one of the healthiest food items at Mickey D's -- fewer calories and less fat than a McD's salad (with dressing).

CD

Back
Top Bottom