Fast food, convenience food and food snobbery

We ate those on my second trip to Colorado. My friend who recently moved there post college and I both wanted to try them. TBH, they weren't bad. And, ahem, I have a package of bison balls in my freezer, so yes... provide a recipe!

What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

OMG yes, the red beans and rice. I really need to learn how to make that stuff.

We have virtually everything in Frisco from 7 prime steak houses, to Olive Garden and every fast food imaginable.

On a two-mile stretch of one road, we have McDonalds, two Wendy's, Taco Bell, Taco Bueno (way better than TB) Jack-in-the-Box, Whataburger, In-N-Out Burger, KFC, Popeye's, Arby's, and certainly more I can't think of right now.

I'm not a snob, but I can tell you that my new medical restrictions on Sodium have enlightened me. One meal at many fast food joints will wipe out an entire day's Sodium recommendation for an average adult! :eek:

My only fast food cravings are a Wataburger with cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato, a Popeyes Chicken Po-Boy (and their red beans and rice), and Taco Bueno. I eat those as a cheat, and go no-salt the rest of the day.

Oh, Whataburger Ketchup. People were taking so many packets home that they started selling it in bottles in select grocery stores, at their website, and even on Amazon. If you think "ketchup is ketchup,' you are so wrong.

Fancy Ketchup 3-Pack

CD

Regarding tripe... I have tried menudo many times by many different cooks. I just cannot abide the taste of it much less the texture. I'll never understand why anyone considers it food.

I like Aldi's I'm rather put off that the entry aisle is pretty much all junk food, but once you get into the store proper, they've got excellent deals. I would go more often but they don't open until 9 am. I prefer to go shopping earlier than that, but if I have a lot of errands they'll be open when I finish the others. I have gotten some excellent bottled sauces from them. Alas I've never seen anything but food (or household cleaning materials) at mine. The produce variety is limited, if I am looking for something specific for a recipe or a food challenge.

I live halfway between two ALDI stores. I rarely go to either one. The problem I have is that I go to ALDI, and then always have to go to Kroger to get all the stuff I could not at ALDI. I never need to go to ALDI after I go to Kroger. So, it is all about getting what I need/want in one stop. ALDI has some stuff I like, but not enough to make a separate trip for it.

CD

OMG yes, the red beans and rice. I really need to learn how to make that stuff.

I was going it for the rice challenge, but with things as they are with the virus, and my refrigerator failing, I've got to keep things simple. Proper red beans and rice takes all day. That's why it was washday food for Cajuns -- it would slowly simmer while mama did the laundry.

CD

That is very disappointing!

I was going it for the rice challenge, but with things as they are with the virus, and my refrigerator failing, I've got to keep things simple. Proper red beans and rice takes all day. That's why it was washday food for Cajuns -- it would slowly simmer while mama did the laundry.

CD

Wuv's was a Florida burger chain from '75 to '81. Liked their fries, but burgers, naw.
I loved their onion rings! I worked there when I was 16 for about 3 months. I quit because the manager was a perv and put the moves on me in the walk-in freezer one night after closing time. He was 24 and he seemed so OLD, it really freaked me out so I never went back.

I do not like the smell of McD so won't eat in there, KFC occasionally. I do enjoy a lamb doner wrap or a lamb shish from the local Turkish take away, plenty of salad and no heavy sauces. They are closed at the moment due to lack of custom.

Roads not far from us were gridlocked earlier today due to Mc D opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom