Favorite Movies

Watched "Luca", Disney's latest movies. A really beautiful movie about a boy who is a sea monster (he's a water creature in the water, and a boy on the surface), who longs to join life on the surface and be a regular boy. The story really resembles "Call Me By Your Name", which is an exquisitely beautiful book.

Watched "Luca", Disney's latest movies. A really beautiful movie about a boy who is a sea monster (he's a water creature in the water, and a boy on the surface), who longs to join life on the surface and be a regular boy. The story really resembles "Call Me By Your Name", which is an exquisitely beautiful book.

We watched this a couple of nights ago with our grandsons. I normally don't enjoy Disney cartoons. I thought this one was very well done.

Good morning. I plan to make today and easy day. Breakfast will be oats and coffee. My bananas are all frozen due to the last heat wave. I will make a smoothie later today, as my remaining strawberries are on the edge of spoilage. I have to use up some remaining blueberries and raspberries as well. But that will be for the next smoothies or something else.

The breakfast movie will be "47 Ronin."

The mid-day movie will be "Company of Heroes."

The late night movie will be "Dystopia."

Let me put in a word on Disney movies. Disney is well known for their animated movies. And I don't go for them all, as there are only a few that appeal to my adult likes. They do however make a large number of non-animated movies, dramas and such. These include "The Rocketeer", "The Finest Hours", "John Carter", "Something Wicked This Way Comes", "White Fang", later Star Wars sequels and many others, like "Holes."

I had trouble sleeping tonight, - lots of pain. I can't figure why it happens on some nights, but not others. Ouch!

Not knowing your backstory, have you tried exercise and stretching? I live in Japan and (older) people fall broadly into two categories: Those who exercise and those who don't. The former are full of health and vigor and, from what they tell me, live pain free.

I'm my gym about 10% of the members are over 70 and pushing heavy weights. It's an inspiration. :)

Oh, I came here to see if anyone watched Cruella? I didn't want to see it but Gracie over at Behind the Trailer recommended it so I finally gave it watch -- loved it. And A Quiet Place 2 opened here the other day and was really good. As a rule, I don't watch sequels but this was worth it.

Thoughts? Laments?

Not knowing your backstory, have you tried exercise and stretching? I live in Japan and (older) people fall broadly into two categories: Those who exercise and those who don't. The former are full of health and vigor and, from what they tell me, live pain free.

I'm my gym about 10% of the members are over 70 and pushing heavy weights. It's an inspiration. :)

Oh, I came here to see if anyone watched Cruella? I didn't want to see it but Gracie over at Behind the Trailer recommended it so I finally gave it watch -- loved it. And A Quiet Place 2 opened here the other day and was really good. As a rule, I don't watch sequels but this was worth it.

Thoughts? Laments?

I haven't seen Cruella. Let me know what you think. I have peripheral neuropathy and some other nervous system issues. I was not properly diagnosed with sleep apnea several years ago and before I stumbled into a hospital emergency room with severe vertigo and inability to sleep, a lot of systemic damage was done. The hospital crew knew what was wrong right away. My personal physician at the time, didn't know beans. I got hurt.

Good morn'n. No breakfast today, but maybe, I'll have a blueberry smoothie later, after I get back from groceries.

The breakfast movie today is "Elysium."

The mid-day movie will be "Ender's Game."

The late night movie will be "Gravity."

Good morning. I intend a busy day starting this morning with coffee and oats for breakfast.

The breakfast movie will be "The Hobbit, The Desolation of Smaug."

The mid-day movie will be "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."

The late night movie will be the 2013 version of "The Lone Ranger."

Smoke. This is 1995 American Independent Film which I really love. I think I’ve watched it millions time and still doesn’t tiring me.
It’s based on the novel written by Paul Auster, one of my fave writers and screen players.
Harvey Keitel is immense in this movie just like William Hurt and Stockard Channing.

Good morning. It's another day vertical after a very warm sleep last night. The ceiling fan was notched up one more than usual and I slept buff. :whistling:

Today's breakfast is oats and coffee, but for coffee, I'm doing hot buttered rum coffee, including butter, molasses instead of brown sugar, dark rum, cinnamon and nutmeg. It's been a long time since I have had hot buttered rum coffee.

The breakfast movie will be "Lone Survivor." This is a great movie, in tribute to a team of guys who fought to the death in Afghanistan with only one survivor, saved by Afghan people who offered him the hospitality of the Pashtun Wali code.

The mid-day movie will be "Oblivion."

The late night movie will be "Pacific Rim."

Good morning. It was another warm night last night. Breakfast will be oats and coffee, with a possible smoothie later this morning.

The breakfast movie will be "Riddick."

The mid-day movie will be "Snowpiercer."

The late night movie will be "Stalingrad."

Top of the day to you all. Breakfast this morning is just oats and coffee. I'll have to look into that movie "Smoke", since it has had such positive feedback here.

The breakfast movie will be "Star Trek, Into Darkness."

The mid-day movie will be "300, Rise of an Empire."

The late night movie will be "Allies."

Breakfast will be oats and coffee, as usual.

The breakfast movie will be "American Sniper."

The mid-day movie will be "Automata."

The late night movie will be "Divergent."

Back
Top Bottom