Five facts about you.

I can dig it, baby. That movie scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Charlton Heston had that overacting theatrical quality that was common for that time (William Shatner, too). Hahaha!

Oh dang and that reminds me of "Warriors" Cyrus' line, "Can you dig it!" I don't suppose you watched and liked that movie, too?

When I used to be involved in archaeology I had an interest in pottery identification. Very often you could take a good guess as to whether the person who decorated the pot was left or right handed.
If you ask a left handed person to draw diagonal lines they will almost invariably draw them from the left down to the right.
A right handed person will do the opposite.

View attachment 43374

You should have seen a loaf of bread after my mum had cut a few slices, 30 to 45 degree angle was not uncommon.lol.

Russ

I can dig it, baby. That movie scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Charlton Heston had that overacting theatrical quality that was common for that time (William Shatner, too). Hahaha!

Oh dang and that reminds me of "Warriors" Cyrus' line, "Can you dig it!" I don't suppose you watched and liked that movie, too?

I never saw the reason for Charlton Heston being so revered as an actor. As you said, he overacted. I have mixed feelings about Clint Eastwood. Dirty Harry was entertaining, in a B-Movie kind of way. I did really like Gran Torino, though.

CD

I never saw the reason for Charlton Heston being so revered as an actor. As you said, he overacted. I have mixed feelings about Clint Eastwood. Dirty Harry was entertaining, in a B-Movie kind of way. I did really like Gran Torino, though.

CD
Yeah, Gran Torino was good. In his earlier movies, Clint just squinted and spit. He was always the same character pretty much in the westerns. I liked them anyway.

But didn't you love the original Planet of the Apes movie Charlton Heston was in? I also liked Ben Hur and the Ten Commandments.

It was just the style of the times. A lot of actors did it.

But didn't you love the original Planet of the Apes movie Charlton Heston was in? I also liked Ben Hur and the Ten Commandments.

Nope. Mom made us watch The Ten Commandments. I never event though about watching Planet of the Apes.
CD

Nope. Mom made us watch The Ten Commandments. I never event though about watching Planet of the Apes.
CD
I watched all of them. Those were some great movies for the time. The original was the best but the second one was very good as well. They had great casts, including Roddy McDowell, who I really loved (even in his chimp costume).

I watched all of them. Those were some great movies for the time. The original was the best but the second one was very good as well. They had great casts, including Roddy McDowell, who I really loved (even in his chimp costume).

I am more of a Malcolm McDowell fan. Clockwork Orange and Blue Thunder. He would have made a great Bond villain.

CD

I love the original Planet Of The Apes. One of my favorite movies. It's like a long Star Trek: Original Series episode.

Clint Eastwood...I like the movie "Play Misty For Me," but I've tried watching a couple of those spaghetti westerns and couldn't get through them. Then again, I don't like westerns. At all.

MrsTasty's favorite movie is The Ten Commandments, and I'll enthusiastically agree A Clockwork Orange is just fantastic. I love all those '60's and '70's dystopian flicks.

I thought she was an odd looking gal. Was she also the actress in "Mulholland Drive"?
No (and that's a weird movie, but I love it), but she's probably better known as the "smart" daughter on the Ted Knight sitcom "Too Close For Comfort."

Did y'all already have an old movies and TV shows thread somewhere? I remember something recently about current shows...

Late to the party, but:

1. Dog lover (horses too).
2. Used to be a petrol head (car enthusiast), but less so these days.
3. Fascinated by big empty structures - abandoned factories, prisons, hospitals, shipwrecks. Urban explorer in the making.
4. Love music, but I'm the end of a few generations of decent pianists, impeded by not being able to read music.
5. I love playing in the sea. Sailing, scuba, snorkelling, boarding.

Points 3 and 5, count me in too!
Urban explorer especially of ghost towns/villages and preferably with the peak of the sun heat - more dramatic.

And I’m going to have my training course lessons of kyte-surf in August.. I only hope not to land on a tree because of the wind

Back
Top Bottom