Five facts about you.

1. I write left-handed, but I play guitar right-handed, throw a ball with my right hand, and there are many other things I do with my right hand as well.
My wife is like that. Does some things with her left and others with her right. I've told her it means she's probably possessed or something. 😈

3. I am the youngest of 6 children from the same parents
Same here.

I can print tolerably well with my left hand, but I'm in no way cross-dominate. When I was a kid in school, I used to turn my notebook longways (landscape) and print notes left-handed, just to irritate a few grumpy teachers I had.

It's not so very long since that kind of thing was commonplace. My father was born in 1910 and was naturally left-handed, but was forced to write with his right hand when he was at school. By the time I was around, he could write adeptly with either hand.

Your Dad must have had you rather late in life... I thought you were quite a bit younger than me. My Dad was born in 1912 and he was 39 when I was born (which is quite old for that era).

What a lovely thing to do. I'd love to see something of what you have done.

Well us mods don't hide our identity here and I really do think that's important - I'd feel weird if I had to pretend I wasn't a mod. It would be deceptive, which is no basis for a good community. Also - I believe we act quickly whenever there is any sort of personal harassment or abuse. It doesn't happen very often but it has happened. We have had members saying 'I don't want that person posting in my thread' as if a thread they started was somehow their personal property. Also, incidents of members sending abusive PMs to other members. Please note that if this happens you can report it by using the report button. We have a warning system which usually kicks in before people get banned, but if they commit outright abuse they can be removed immediately.

I hope you stick around here JASOH1!
Thank you so much for validating my thoughts. The transparency here is honest and comforting. I am glad to be amongst a group of like-minded adults. I've had people from the old forum contact me asking if I was ever coming back. I miss a few people there but not enough to subject myself to being harassed (I am sure that unpleasant person is still there). It's peaceful here and far more interesting. BTW, Milkduds did not get suspended, but just got sick of the drama and quit.

No, not a cooking forum. I did invite a few people, but I didn't bother with the ones who don't cook. There were two people who I'd hoped would join but they are both very busy. I stay in touch with them otherwise, though.

Late to the party, but:

1. Dog lover (horses too).
2. Used to be a petrol head (car enthusiast), but less so these days.
3. Fascinated by big empty structures - abandoned factories, prisons, hospitals, shipwrecks. Urban explorer in the making.
4. Love music, but I'm the end of a few generations of decent pianists, impeded by not being able to read music.
5. I love playing in the sea. Sailing, scuba, snorkelling, boarding.

Me also

I love dogs but it ends in tragedy (in my experience) and its too much work/commitment for me on a daily basis. I love horses and always wanted to 'part own' one that I could ride when I wanted. Now that I could possibly afford to do so, I am probably not capable of riding any more! :ohmy:

3. Fascinated by big empty structures - abandoned factories, prisons, hospitals, shipwrecks. Urban explorer in the making.

Me also. I like the vestigial...

Late to the party, but:

2. Used to be a petrol head (car enthusiast), but less so these days.
4. Love music, but I'm the end of a few generations of decent pianists, impeded by not being able to read music.
5. I love playing in the sea. Sailing, scuba, snorkelling, boarding.
I also love horses. I raised and showed Appaloosas as a teenager. I did 3-day eventing: dressage, stadium jumping, and cross-country. I couldn't afford it as an adult. I too love dogs but I am with MG about it being tragic. Our last dog passed in 2003 and I never could bring myself to get another.
Cars are okay, trucks are better.
Big empty buildings scare me and remind me of zombies. Did anyone see a movie from the 1970s with Charlton Heston called "The Omega Man", which was later reprised by Will Smith in "I am Legend"? And of course "The Walking Dead" series has some jumpy moments. Shipwrecks would be entirely different.
I love piano music. I learned how to read music when I was about 6 and took music theory in college.
I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico and learned how to swim when I was 3-4 years old. I haven't been scuba diving in about 25 years but I was certified at 93 feet and did some night dives and search and rescue classes. But my diving was always hunting and recreational. I am not a very good surfer or paddle boarder, though I have tried it more than a few times. I was really good at water skiing when I was a kid but haven't done that in a very long time. I am a great passenger on a sailboat but don't expect me to do anything to help.

I hate horses. Well, hate is a bit harsh. They are pretty to look at, but that's about it for me. I rode one once -- once. That was more than enough. I once slipped on some icy stairs, and slid down the stairs on my butt. Same experience as riding a horse. At least the ice didn't smell bad.

Cars, boats and personal watercraft (Seadoo) are my "rides" of choice.

CD

Did anyone see a movie from the 1970s with Charlton Heston called "The Omega Man", which was later reprised by Will Smith in "I am Legend"?
That's one of my all-time favorite movies. It, in turn, is a remake of "The Last Man On Earth," starring Vincent Price, which was based on the book of the same name. As much as I love me some Vincent Price, I prefer "The Omega Man," because it's got that late-60's/early-70's grooviness factor going for it.

Back
Top Bottom