Food Abominations

I love them with cranberry sauce, when I lived in the UK we had gravy and cranberry sauce with the turkey at christmas. Delicious!

Edit: but I am sure some find yorkies with cranberry sauce an abomination, I am a foreigner after all :laugh:
People in the US do weird Thanksgiving sandwiches with turkey, cranberry sauce, etc. Not my thing but it's quite popular.

Actually I got the idea from Nigel Slater, a famous British chef. So once again I do think different strokes for different folks.
You are correct! There are many things sophisticated people with excellent tastes enjoy that I don't. :hug:

You are correct! There are many things sophisticated people with excellent tastes enjoy that I don't. :hug:
Well of course, everyone is different. For example, I think caviar is boring. But I guess that's a different thread.

So on topic with another abomination, and very popular in Sweden. I present you: banana pizza
Your guide to Swedish pizzas

And this isn't a one off, it's really a common flavor there..

Another weird combo
And now I go hide in a corner from a lot of you
Baked beans on toast!
Even worse with a slice of cheese on it!

No baked beans for breakfast either.
Maybe dinner, if you add bacon, tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili peppers and a lot of other goodies :happy:
Yeah, I don't like baked beans either.
Guess that's why I had to leave the UK after all :laugh:

View attachment 98120
Just imagine ruining your meal with a dollop of wallpaper glue. Bread sauce is from the same species.
I think a lot of bread sauce is the grim glue you describe and in the past I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Then about 20 years ago I had some at my mother in laws and wow that was so good. Since then if I’ve made it myself I really enjoy it. Done right it’s just an onion and clove flavoured cream sauce.

Done badly (not enough time steeping the onions and not enough double cream used) it is a gloopy food hell 😆

Back
Top Bottom