Food Abominations

Kind of, that noodle dressing has fish sauce in it.:D
What's noodle dressing? Never heard of it. Noodles that I eat are usually covered with marinara or similar, nothing tasting of peanut or fish.

Sometimes, the food combination isn't bad, but the sheer volume makes it an abomination. As much as I like supporting local restaurants, things can get ridiculous. I'm thinking of the One Pound Bacon BLT at Tony's restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan.
bltnice.jpg

Here's the link to the restaurant page:

Sandwiches • Lighter Side

I like how they refer to this page as Lighter Side. :laugh:

I'm not sure whether to say "please do share" or "please don't share" that picture. :laugh:
I wish I could find it, but I’m just as apt to post a pic of a waffle in the breakfast thread, or since we were on vacation, in a vacation thread, or maybe we started a new topic on diners and it’s in the diner thread! 🤷🏻

Who even does that?

His oldest brother got him started on that. Pre Hurricane Charlie, there used to be a place called The Smokehouse in Punta Gorda, Florida. They made FANTASTIC biscuits and gravy. They also made pancakes and sausage gravy. We'd go there almost every time we visited his brother. I ordered biscuits and gravy, and didn't look at their plates...

What's noodle dressing? Never heard of it. Noodles that I eat are usually covered with marinara or similar, nothing tasting of peanut or fish.
It's a cold noodle Asian side similar to

Recipe - Cold Noodle Salad

He has never posted the peanut butter and fish sauce one, but if you are interested I'll look for it and post. It should be on our cloud cookbook.

It's a cold noodle Asian side similar to

Recipe - Cold Noodle Salad

He has never posted the peanut butter and fish sauce one, but if you are interested I'll look for it and post. It should be on our cloud cookbook.
I'm good, thanks 😊 :laugh:
His oldest brother got him started on that. Pre Hurricane Charlie, there used to be a place called The Smokehouse in Punta Gorda, Florida. They made FANTASTIC biscuits and gravy. They also made pancakes and sausage gravy. We'd go there almost every time we visited his brother. I ordered biscuits and gravy, and didn't look at their plates...
I misunderstood. This is the abomination thread so assumed he thought it was a bad combo, lol.

I don't even like looking at ambrosia. Didn't even like it as a kid. I thank all dieties that it and jello salads are rarely seen anymore.
That stuff is crazy popular here. Every deli has it, even the super-fancy gourmet shop. It’s at every picnic or family gathering, and it’s sometimes labeled fairy salad.

Funny story, it’s one of my sis’s “signature dishes,” except she calls it Waldorf salad. Now, we probably all know what Waldorf salad is, and that ain’t it. When you press her, though, and start telling her what Waldorf salad is, she says, “Yeah, I know, but I don’t like this in it, or that in it, or this other thing, so I sub in this, that, and that.”

“Yeah, but now you’re just making ambrosia.”

😡 I SAID IT’S WALDORF SALAD!!!! 😡

Back
Top Bottom