1. When you were a child, if you got to choose what was for dinner: what would it have been? Fish and chips with mushy peas was always top of my list, cooked in lard of course.
  2. What did you buy with your pocket money? I remember buying ready to eat beef and onion or chicken and mushroom pies from the baker's shop in the village, usually fresh out of the oven.
  3. Would there be any special dishes with your birthday and the holidays? Woolworths cafeteria for birthdays to enjoy their tall ice cream sundaes.
  4. What did your parents cook that you absolutely hated? Lamb stew with globules of lamb fat floating on the clear salty liquor.
  5. What food from your childhood has dissapeared from the stores? Chiterlins were a favourite dish I can no longer get.
  6. What dish or recipe did you take with you from your parental home? My mother's range of sauces and gravy that made any bland dish into something special.

1. Pizza, Pasta Bolognese, Lasagne or schnitzel
  2. Frozen Pizza, sweets, chips
  3. Birthday Chili con Carne
  4. Kale, Zucchini
  5. Some cereals
  6. wiener apfelstrudel
Except for #4, you and I could hang out anytime! :laugh:

"Pizza is always the answer." -Picky Eater (which is why our courtship is going so well)
Ok, I've never met her, but now I'm in love with her! :wink:

1. When you were a child, if you got to choose what was for dinner: what would it have been? Fish and chips with mushy peas was always top of my list, cooked in lard of course.
  2. What did you buy with your pocket money? I remember buying ready to eat beef and onion or chicken and mushroom pies from the baker's shop in the village, usually fresh out of the oven.
  3. Would there be any special dishes with your birthday and the holidays? Woolworths cafeteria for birthdays to enjoy their tall ice cream sundaes.
  4. What did your parents cook that you absolutely hated? Lamb stew with globules of lamb fat floating on the clear salty liquor.
  5. What food from your childhood has dissapeared from the stores? Chiterlins were a favourite dish I can no longer get.
  6. What dish or recipe did you take with you from your parental home? My mother's range of sauces and gravy that made any bland dish into something special.
Oooh Ice cream sundae's, lovely!

My father was friends with an Italian Master Ice maker, he's one of the certified masters of Europe. His ice cream is and remains the best I ever tasted, and I have the priviledge of growing up watching him make it backstage. It's the best gelato, he's won the Coppa 'd oro multiple times as well. So I have a lovely memory of sundae's as well, though they were made with quality Italian gelato.

1. When you were a child, if you got to choose what was for dinner: what would it have been? The only time we had a choice in dinner was when my parents went out for the evening and we kids had a babysitter. We got to choose what frozen TV dinner at the supermarket we'd eat that night. I felt so grown up!
  2. What did you buy with your pocket money? We got an allowance for doing chores, 25¢/month and it was always spent on the Ice Cream truck or Manapua Man that came around the neighborhood.
  3. Would there be any special dishes with your birthday and the holidays? For my birthday, I always got a German Chocolate Cake, my favorite!
  4. What did your parents cook that you absolutely hated? Liver and Onions, well, really anything my Mother made :yuck:she was a terrible cook and she will tell you this today!
  5. What food from your childhood has dissapeared from the stores? Since I no longer live in my childhood home town - everything!
  6. What dish or recipe did you take with you from your parental home? NOTHING! My mom can't cook for sour owl shit! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom