1/2 cup honey
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp finely chopped onion
1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard. Add the honey, sugar, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Slowly add oil while mixing briskly with a wire whisk. Refrigerate.

Recipe courtesy of The Complete Guide To Country Cooking cookbook

NOTES: I used seasoned rice vinegar, a scant amount of dried minced onion, and grapeseed oil for this, and mixed using a stick blender.

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: honey

Ok, I have to ask TR. What's the significance of 1 tsp of sugar when there's a 1/2 cup of honey? Never mind I thought this was your recipe and it's not, I should have known better. Also I see they say it makes 2 cups but just a quick scan shows at least 2.5 cups plus. It sounds tasty but like you I'd want a flavoured vinegar at least. Recipes are weird sometimes and fun to read.

Ok, I have to ask TR. What's the significance of 1 tsp of sugar when there's a 1/2 cup of honey? Never mind I thought this was your recipe and it's not, I should have known better. Also I see they say it makes 2 cups but just a quick scan shows at least 2.5 cups plus. It sounds tasty but like you I'd want a flavoured vinegar at least. Recipes are weird sometimes and fun to read.
Yeah, I might make up a recipe once a decade, so virtually anything I post, I get from somewhere else.

I made a half-batch, and I measured everything, since I've never made this before, and it made just a little over a cup - maybe 10-12oz.

I'll also add that this tastes a lot like a coleslaw dressing. I might have to buy some cabbage tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom