How adventurous are you?

Same way as rabbit most of the time - dusted in flour and pan-fried, and gravy made from the drippings.

Sometimes in a stew, though, and I do remember once my mom made him a squirrel potpie.

He loved the brains, too.
I love Rabbit.
Does Squirrel taste the same?

To the Community: I think it would be cool if everyone listed what they've tried, what you thought about each one and lastly what you have not/will not try, and why.
Is that too much ya think? 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, probably.
Honestly I can't remember what most of them tasted like and if I liked them or not.

But listing what you've tried should be easy for most people.

[Mod.edit: this post and sevelal following posts moved to form new topic (TR)]

24 points here so far. Still got some to try.

View attachment 89400
I'm at 16. But some stuff doesn't seem adventurous, like scallops, crab, clams, venison, tofu, truffles, duck...

They should have stated "raw" oysters, because cooked ones aren't adventurous at all. I like both raw and cooked.

I love eel.

I don’t understand why half of that stuff is on that list.

We can get haggis here but the stuff I had in the UK was heaps better.

Venison - deer are a problem here too.

Rabbit - Also a problem.

I haven’t had plain fresh durian though it’s offered in desserts here.

Century egg. Not that I know though it may have been a component of a dish as it’s not hard to find here.

There’s some cultural differences too.

Rattlesnake isn’t likely here but I’ve had Red Belly Black Snake. My brother shot it. My Dad made us eat it. You shoot it, you eat it. Serious.

Chitlin = intestines. Common at KBBQ in Sydney

Squirrel probably = possum (not the same as American opossum) and you can get that at Royal Sydney Easter Show in pie form.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why half of that stuff is on that list.
I think it’s just a cultural/location thing. Whomever made that list, those things were probably “exotic” to them, or at least in the category of “known to have a strong/unusual flavor.”

Back
Top Bottom