Recipe Mango Mustard Glazed Chicken Breasts

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:51 PM
I love cooking chicken breasts ‘en papillote'. They stay so tender and it’s a super quick and easy method. Here, the mango mustard provides a fruity, hot dimension and the garlic, ginger and cinnamon add musky depth. If you can’t be bothered (sorry, I mean don’t have time) to make the mango mustard, I reckon you could cheat by mixing some pre-bought mango chutney with English mustard & Dijon mustard. Use a culinary blowtorch (every kitchen should have one) to char the top of the chicken breasts when cooked.

fullsizeoutput_4c14.jpeg

Ingredients (serves 2)
2 x chicken breasts
Mango mustard
1 x fat garlic clove, very thinly sliced
1 x very small thumb of ginger, very thinly sliced
A few shards of cinnamon quill
White wine
Fresh thyme
Salt & pepper

Method
  1. Heat the oven to 180C
  2. Paint each chicken breast on both sides with mango mustard.
  3. Place each chicken breast on a large sheet of foil or foil lined with baking parchment. Turn up the edges of the foil slightly.
  4. Scatter the sliced garlic, ginger and cinnamon shards over and around the chicken.
  5. Add a large splash of white wine and a few grinds of sea salt and black pepper.
  6. Place another sheet of foil over the top of each chicken breast to make a tent. Crimp the edges of the foil together all round, to form a seal.
  7. Bake for 20 to 25 mins depending on the size of the chicken breast.
  8. Open the papillote and use a culinary blowtorch to char the top of the chicken.
  9. Serve scattered with a few chilli flakes and sprigs of fresh thyme.
Before cooking:

fullsizeoutput_4c22.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4c12.jpeg

Last edited:
I love cooking chicken breasts ‘en papillote'. They stay so tender and it’s a super quick and easy method. Here, the mango mustard provides a fruity, hot dimension and the garlic, ginger and cinnamon add musky depth. If you can’t be bothered (sorry, I mean don’t have time) to make the mango mustard, I reckon you could cheat by mixing some pre-bought mango chutney with English mustard & Dijon mustard. Use a culinary blowtorch (every kitchen should have one) to char the top of the chicken breasts when cooked.

View attachment 29302

Ingredients (serves 2)
2 x chicken breasts
Mango mustard
1 x fat garlic clove, very thinly sliced
1 x very small thumb of ginger, very thinly sliced
A few shards of cinnamon quill
White wine
Fresh thyme
Salt & pepper

Method
  1. Heat the oven to 180C
  2. Paint each chicken breast on both sides with mango mustard.
  3. Place each chicken breast on a large sheet of foil or foil lined with baking parchment. Turn up the edges of the foil slightly.
  4. Scatter the sliced garlic, ginger and cinnamon shards over and around the chicken.
  5. Add a large splash of white wine and a few grinds of sea salt and black pepper.
  6. Place another sheet of foil over the top of each chicken breast to make a tent. Crimp the edges of the foil together all round, to form a seal.
  7. Bake for 20 to 25 mins depending on the size of the chicken breast.
  8. Open the papillote and use a culinary blowtorch to char the top of the chicken.
  9. Serve scattered with a few chilli flakes and sprigs of fresh thyme.
Before cooking:

View attachment 29300

View attachment 29301
Succulent ingredients. Outstanding presentation.

Back
Top Bottom