New Kitchen Toys!

I sometimes eat at the computer desk when I'm online. :wink:
I often eat at my desk whilst I'm working - but if I ate at the island or the table I'd be reading anyway so its not much different really.

For proper meals where we eat together we always eat at either the dining table (in the kitchen) or the breakfast bar on the island - never ever in the lounge. We used to do that in our old house for "casual" types of meal but made a decision a couple of years ago when we moved that there is no food allowed in the new lounge. Two reasons: partly because of the white carpet LOL, and partly because when eating together we should be spending time with each other rather than doing other things like watch TV.

I often eat at my desk whilst I'm working - but if I ate at the island or the table I'd be reading anyway so its not much different really.

For proper meals where we eat together we always eat at either the dining table (in the kitchen) or the breakfast bar on the island - never ever in the lounge. We used to do that in our old house for "casual" types of meal but made a decision a couple of years ago when we moved that there is no food allowed in the new lounge. Two reasons: partly because of the white carpet LOL, and partly because when eating together we should be spending time with each other rather than doing other things like watch TV.
I once had a white carpet. It didn't stay white! Now I have bamboo floor throughout which barely needs cleaning. Just as well as housework isn't my strong point. As for TV, there is one in the front room where the dining table is. And one in the back room - and there are no doors between the rooms. I like to have TV on pretty much all the time - especially when eating! In the day its on cooking channels and sort of burbles in the background. I pick up lots of tips and ideas that way...

So its sofa eating... :eek: Well, I suppose, why not? But don't you ever have anyone over for dinner?

I'm probably even odder. I sit at a dining table most of the day. I really don't like sofas very much.

My dining table is in the front room which gets most light. I use my Macbook Pro on the table - so when you see my posts, then that is where I was sitting. We also eat at that table.

We eat at the table, it is very rare we eat whilst on the sofa, just the way both of us were raised.

We have a mandolin, over Christmas my husband took a chunk off the end of his thumb :blackeye:
Is he ok?
Oh and you might want to tell him, he will bump that thumb more in the next few weeks. Or it will seem like more because it will really hurt.

We eat at the table, it is very rare we eat whilst on the sofa, just the way both of us were raised.
I was raised eating at kitchen table. There was no other table in the house. It was a small council house, two up, two down.

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating whilst sitting on the sofa, except that it means the stomach is slumped - which I personally find a bit uncomfortable.

I was raised eating at kitchen table. There was no other table in the house. It was a small council house, two up, two down.

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating whilst sitting on the sofa, except that it means the stomach is slumped - which I personally find a bit uncomfortable.

It is the slumped tummy which I don't like, the occasional lunch has been consumed whilst on the sofa but that is about it.

Is he ok?
Oh and you might want to tell him, he will bump that thumb more in the next few weeks. Or it will seem like more because it will really hurt.

It is getting better thank you, during the working day and in bed he covers it with a plaster (band aid) the rest of the time it is uncovered as it is now healing, lesson learned

You also shouldn't try to shut your cousin out if you aren't positive your finger is out of the way.

Very true.

Our IT guy has done his thumb as well over the holiday, he was in the kitchen chopping when his kids went in, he turned to speak to them and 'chop', he was at the hospital on Monday :blackeye:

Very true.

Our IT guy has done his thumb as well over the holiday, he was in the kitchen chopping when his kids went in, he turned to speak to them and 'chop', he was at the hospital on Monday :blackeye:
Also, don't watch TV and try to slice processed cheese with a butcher knife. That was 7 stitches in the middle of same finger that had got slammed in a door and the tip almost cut off a few years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom