Old, retro, or simply weird kitchen gadgets

001.jpg

My toaster oven looks kind of old & retro, but it still works perfectly!! Great for when you don't want to heat up your regular oven, which in turn, would heat up the kitchen!! :wink:

Last edited:
31%2BAQVRIF3L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Now Pyrex makes their oblong & square pans like THIS, with large handles! I got it at Big Y.:wink:

Sadly new pyrex, at least in the U.S. ain't like the old stuff...its made from a different glass. Its now made by Worldkitchen in China. I collect vintage pyrex. The milkglass kind with the pretty designs outside. I did find a few english pyrex at the thrift and it was different, more like corningware than pyrex. Any other pyrex collector on the forums?

Sadly new pyrex, at least in the U.S. ain't like the old stuff...its made from a different glass. Its now made by Worldkitchen in China. I collect vintage pyrex. The milkglass kind with the pretty designs outside. I did find a few english pyrex at the thrift and it was different, more like corningware than pyrex. Any other pyrex collector on the forums?

I used to use it more but lately I use cookware which looks good for food photos - so enamelware, ceramic and most recently cast-iron. Pyrex doesn't add much visual appeal to photos, excellent though it is for cooking.

I used to use it more but lately I use cookware which looks good for food photos - so enamelware, ceramic and most recently cast-iron. Pyrex doesn't add much visual appeal to photos, excellent though it is for cooking.

Really? There are so many cute, pretty and fanciful designs. My favorite is the friendship pattern. And there is always the tried and true spring blossom, i have that design in a lasagna pan
134E2476-0862-4B09-AE9C-65BA78F27937.jpeg

I really need to take more photos of my pyrex cause i think that is the only piece i have a photo of. But I'm sure there is something you'll find visually appealing here https://pyrex.cmog.org/pattern-library

Really? There are so many cute, pretty and fanciful designs. My favorite is the friendship pattern. And there is always the tried and true spring blossom, i have that design in a lasagna pan View attachment 19654

I really need to take more photos of my pyrex cause i think that is the only piece i have a photo of. But I'm sure there is something you'll find visually appealing here https://pyrex.cmog.org/pattern-library

Oh - my mistake! I was thinking of the plain transparent glass type of pyrex which is what I used to have and mostly what I see in charity shops. I love those coloured retro designs! They are not often found here. Or at least, not in my experience.

Really? There are so many cute, pretty and fanciful designs. My favorite is the friendship pattern. And there is always the tried and true spring blossom, i have that design in a lasagna pan View attachment 19654

Now THAT'S retro!!

You don't see that color around now. :wink:

My oldest piece of pyrex is from 1919 and it is clear but a very nice size for a small side dish casserole. The milkglass pyrex dates from the 1940's to the 1980's. But it is not dishwasher safe so that has been the death of many a cute pyrex ware...dishwashered to death...it basically sanded the finish off the outside of the glass.

Pyrex Glass Cake Pans..jpg

Just ordered the last 2 of THESE; Pyrex Glass Cake pans from Amazon.com.. Now they are out of them! The old stuff is going like hot cakes!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom