kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
12:12 AM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
Pork Guisantes or Pork and Peas is a Filipino dish, very popular in Hawaii, and I love it. I've modify the authentic recipe just a touch.
I used 2 boneless-skinless Pork Loin Chops that I can readily get at the large warehouse store, but you use whatever cut of Pork you prefer to equal about a pound. Also, rather than using Patis, I use Fish Sauce; I like Sweet Bell Pepper chunks over Pimentos strips.

Pork Guisantes or Pork And Peas

2 servings

Ingredients:
2 Boneless-Skinless Pork Loin Chops, sliced very thinly (it’s easier if partially frozen)
½ C. Sweet Red Bell Pepper, diced
½ C. Sweet White Onion, chopped
1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
½ C. Tomato Sauce
1 C. Water
½ Tbsp. Soy Sauce
½ Tbsp. Fish Sauce
1 large Bay Leaf
½ C. frozen Sweet Peas, defrosted
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil, enough to just coat the bottom of your sauté pan

Method:
Heat a large sauté pan with the Vegetable Oil over med-high heat.
Sauté the Peppers just until they’re crisp-tender, about 1-2 minutes, set aside on a dish.
Add the Onions and Garlic and sweat until they are translucent; add in the Pork and cook until just browned, don’t overcook it, Pork can get tough.
Pour in the wet stuff: Tomato Sauce, Water, Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce along with that Bay Leaf.
Give it all a good stir and bring to a gentle boil; reduce the heat to a simmer–cover and cook for about 20 minutes. The meat should be fork tender and the sauce reduced a little and a bit thicker.
Add back in the Peppers and the Peas, cook for 1-2 minutes, until the Peas are heated; season with S&P to taste.

pork and peas.jpg

Serve over the hot Rice of your choice.

Back
Top Bottom