SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:55 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
This has been a favourite for years until my dairy allergy kicked in to full anaphylaxis. It goes without saying that you can make it with dairy versions of everything. It works really Well with a good tasty Cheddar like Wexford.

Ingredients
350g Wholemeal flour (plain)
2 tsp baking powder
1 heaped tsp mustard powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
125 ml soy milk (or almond milk)
75g Vegan margarine or vegan butter
2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
200g vegan cheese, grated
100g roasted sunflower seeds + more (unroasted) for decoration

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to °C (350°F). Lightly oil (sunflower oil is ideal) a 12 x 23 x 2.5 cm bread tin ( bout 2lb)
  2. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & mustard powder together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, soy milk, melted margarine/butter, and warmed honey.
  3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients thoroughly. Stir in the cheese and sunflower seeds.
  4. Pour the batter into the bread tin, sprinkle a few sunflower seeds on the top, and bake for 45 minutes watch golden. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.

Last edited:
I like that you went all-in with the seeds and them instead, instead of just on top!

At first, I wondered if this was a very small pan, because of the size of the seeds. Most of the sunflower seeds we see over here are significantly smaller, by a factor of at least 4 times. Yours looked like pumpkin seeds at first glance. Now, I want to find some way to get these large seeds!

At first, I wondered if this was a very small pan, because of the size of the seeds. Most of the sunflower seeds we see over here are significantly smaller, by a factor of at least 4 time

I guess they are. But I consider the pumpkin kernels to be quite small here in Australia

Back
Top Bottom