The heat is increasing every day and the body demands something refreshing. And, on top of this, is tomato season right now. Can you think in anything better than this?INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- Tomatoes (1 kg / 10 medium)
- Bread baton (1)
- Garlic clove (1)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Boiled eggs (2)
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING
1) Chunk the tomatoes and blend until you achieve a pureed texture. Then, strain in another recipient to separate all the solid bits.
2) Cut the bread and tip it into the tomato puree. Soak it for about five minutes and blend. This will make it easier to grind and will give your Salmorejo a creamy texture.
3) Halve the garlic clove, remove the germ and add it to the recipient. Add also the olive oil and salt to taste. Again, blend all together until it turns creamy and rather orange (Tip: if it’s too thick you can carefully add water)
4) Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. Sprinkle a boiled egg and, if you wish, diced cured Serrano ham.