Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:26 PM
Less than 75 calories and very delicious! I used beech smoked salmon from Aldi, which is excellent value. This is so simple to make that it barely warrants a recipe, but I’m trying to compile a list of really low calories meals for my own use (lest I forget them) and thought others who are trying to lose weight might find it useful. Please note that the calories are based on the specific brand ingredients I used. The smoked salmon I used is somewhat higher in calories than some, for example.

Ingredients (serves 1)
30g smoked salmon (45 Kcals)
Large handful of mixed salad leaves (5 Kcals)
One radish, sliced (1 Kcals)
1 tbsp kefir or plain low fat yoghurt (15 Kcals)
½ tsp balsamic (3 Kcals)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (3 Kcals)
Salt to taste
A pinch of black poppy seeds (negligible Kcals)

Method
  1. Mix the yoghurt, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard in a salad bowl. Add salt to taste.
  2. Toss the salad leaves in the dressing. Gently tear the salmon into strips and drape over the leaves. Add the sliced radish.
  3. Sprinkle with black poppy seeds.

Less than 75 calories and very delicious! I used beech smoked salmon from Aldi, which is excellent value. This is so simple to make that it barely warrants a recipe, but I’m trying to compile a list of really low calories meals for my own use (lest I forget them) and thought others who are trying to lose weight might find it useful. Please note that the calories are based on the specific brand ingredients I used. The smoked salmon I used is somewhat higher in calories than some, for example.

View attachment 38319

Ingredients (serves 1)
30g smoked salmon (45 Kcals)
Large handful of mixed salad leaves (5 Kcals)
One radish, sliced (1 Kcals)
1 tbsp kefir or plain low fat yoghurt (15 Kcals)
½ tsp balsamic (3 Kcals)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (3 Kcals)
Salt to taste
A pinch of black poppy seeds (negligible Kcals)

Method
  1. Mix the yoghurt, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard in a salad bowl. Add salt to taste.
  2. Toss the salad leaves in the dressing. Gently tear the salmon into strips and drape over the leaves. Add the sliced radish.
  3. Sprinkle with black poppy seeds.

View attachment 38321

View attachment 38320

And a classy touch for that napkin, same colour of smoked salmon 👌

Back
Top Bottom