St. Patrick’s Day 2023

I wondered if anyone would notice that. It’s weird, but here’s the original pic:

View attachment 97427

I always click the auto-enhance button in the photo app on my iPhone, which usually just brightens the pic a bit, but for whatever reason, this time it made it kind of purple!

I rather liked it, so I left it. :laugh:
I had the same thought, but I assumed it was some camera effect 😂

...so I left it off, set it to the side…and promptly knocked it over, all over my cutting board, the sideboard it sits on, down the back, all over the floor, and all over my phone. 😡 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ah, so you are well on your way to face down in the yard by day's end. :okay:

CD

I wondered if anyone would notice that. It’s weird, but here’s the original pic:

View attachment 97427

I always click the auto-enhance button in the photo app on my iPhone, which usually just brightens the pic a bit, but for whatever reason, this time it made it kind of purple!

I rather liked it, so I left it. :laugh:

That's actually a magenta shift. 📸

Were there any fluorescent lights on nearby. That mixed with daylight from the windows can sometimes confuse the auto-enhance.

CD

That's actually a magenta shift. 📸

Were there any fluorescent lights on nearby. That mixed with daylight from the windows can sometimes confuse the auto-enhance.

CD
I was hoping you’d chime in with the technical name for the effect, so thanks - my in-depth knowledge of it went as far as, “Must be lighting hokey-pokey.” :laugh:

Yes, the kitchen overhead light is indeed fluorescent.

I was hoping you’d chime in with the technical name for the effect, so thanks - my in-depth knowledge of it went as far as, “Must be lighting hokey-pokey.” :laugh:

Yes, the kitchen overhead light is indeed fluorescent.

Yep. The auto-enhance in your phone was compensating for the predominantly green color spectrum of the fluorescent light, and with the mixed in daylight from the window, it over-compensated. The colors of the subject can play a part in the confusion, too. It can even happen with expensive cameras using auto-correcting settings. Those image processors are pretty good, but not perfect.

CD

Yep. The auto-enhance in your phone was compensating for the predominantly green color spectrum of the fluorescent light, and with the mixed in daylight from the window, it over-compensated. The colors of the subject can play a part in the confusion, too. It can even happen with expensive cameras using auto-correcting settings. Those image processors are pretty good, but not perfect.

CD
Yeah, exactly, lighting hokey-pokey! :wink:

Soda bread, mature Irish cheddar, and sweet pickles:

9250F9CB-3A46-4A7A-8D2C-6101E0F85881.jpeg

Except for my scones, everything for my afternoon tea tomorrow is done. Scones are always the day of, last thing, so they’re still warm.

All that remains is putting it all together tomorrow.

As expected, Dublin coddle was much improved after sitting overnight. As good as it was yesterday, it was half again as good today.

Back
Top Bottom