The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:44 AM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is beans* and caseydog is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring beans as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday on Saturday 29th February (GMT). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

*includes fresh beans such as runner beans and yardlong beans

caseydog has indicated he will be looking for dishes where beans make up the majority of the dish:

Use any kind of beans you want -- your choice. Start with fresh, dry or canned (tinned) beans -- your choice. You can use any ingredients you wish to flavor your dish, including meats, HOWEVER...

Beans must make up the majority of your dish, by volume (allowances made for liquids for things like soups).

The chickpea/garbanzo bean salad I just made would probably fit, though with the lemon vinaigrette and the cukes and radishes, it felt more like a Spring salad.

Alas, I made it before the challenge opened, but that's ok...more beans to follow.

The chickpea/garbanzo bean salad I just made would probably fit, though with the lemon vinaigrette and the cukes and radishes, it felt more like a Spring salad.

Alas, I made it before the challenge opened, but that's ok...more beans to follow.

As long as you haven't already posted the recipe then it counts. The only rule concerning that is the recipe has to be posted in the time frame of the challenge. Doesn't matter if it was a dish made & photographed before.

I don't think that it's relevant when you made it (or even if you did make it). I could be wrong, of course. I generally am.

Last edited:
Yardlong Bean Curry

Served with chicken curry, aromatic yellow rice, Bombay potatoes and roti paratha on banana leaf.

As long as you haven't already posted the recipe then it counts. The only rule concerning that is the recipe has to be posted in the time frame of the challenge. Doesn't matter if it was a dish made & photographed before.

Hmmm, just curious, is there any limitations on that? Can someone go through their archives and enter every bean dish they made in the last three years?

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom