The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t until I judged the Wine challenge. I had a lot of fun with it at least in part because: 1) I decided to make some of the recipes, 2) I freestyled some recipes of my own, and 3) I consumed a lot of the main ingredient.

So, if murphyscreek wants to have more fun, he should eat a lot of hamburger buns.

Hmmmmm, maybe we need a whiskey challenge. :drink:

CD

Recipe - Two Flamingos Cheese Vanilla Cream

Here is my entry. Did I include all the necessary tags? Hope so.

The non gluten bun that I never knew existed is sooo delicious, would eat it on its own, lightly sweet, does not crumble, soft but not too soft.

The ingredients photo has the bun in the left lower corner. I ended up not using the grated coconut , so nevermind that...:roflmao:. The label of the bun, what is made of- LIsted it in short in the recipe itself.

Edited to add : it tastes heavenly. Contrasts play nicely, the just right sweet whipped cream, the bitter grapefruit, the thicker a little on the salty edge cheese cream, and the ginny gin on the light sweet bun. 💘

Last edited:
This is one of those things that sounds somewhat disgusting when you read the recipe (cold hamburger...blech!) but it's really quite good - it's substantial like a burger, but refreshing and light, like chicken salad.

I commented in the recipe thread before I read this. More or less what you said!

Mushroom, Swiss Bagel Burger (recipe thread to be posted soon)

I love sautéed mushrooms and onions with Swiss cheese on a burger. For this one, I used an onion bagel to fill in for the sautéed onions. Not groundbreaking, but it was very good!

View attachment 60791

View attachment 60793

CD
The bagels look very very nice, and I am sure the mushrooms and meat and cheese combination tasted excellent!

Mushroom, Swiss Bagel Burger (recipe thread to be posted soon)

I love sautéed mushrooms and onions with Swiss cheese on a burger. For this one, I used an onion bagel to fill in for the sautéed onions. Not groundbreaking, but it was very good!

View attachment 60791

View attachment 60793

CD

Brillant photography! Burgers are not easy to photograph...

Brillant photography! Burgers are not easy to photograph...

As I said in the "What did you make" thread, I use a different lighting scheme for burgers. I think I showed it in the "Food photography" thread with my homemade Big Mac. If not, I'll post up this shot with a description of what I did, and why.

CD

I was going to make something with ice cream on a bagel. I had it all worked out in my head and then ... hell with it, I got hungry and ate the ice cream for a snack during yesterday's late night movie. Sorry.

Do you realize I had ice cream as a dessert for deep dish pizza? :woot:

Recipe - Texas Smoked Brisket Burger

Home-ground fatty brisket, seasoned with the traditional Dalmatian rub (salt and pepper only) and slow smoked on the Weber with hickory wood. Topped with some sweet/hot BBQ sauce, sliced Texas 1015 sweet onions, and sliced dill pickles. Ordinary white-bread bun.

The toppings and bun are what you would find at a traditional Central Texas smokehouse. The emphasis is on the meat. Some old-school places don't even offer sauce.

BrisketBurger001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom