The CookingBites recipe challenge: cabbage/kale/Brussels sprouts

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:32 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is cabbage/kale/Brussel's sprouts and Timenspace is judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe* cabbage and/or kale and/or Brussel's sprouts, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Entries exceeding the limit will be disqualified.

Deadline: midday UK time (GMT) Saturday 26th March. Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.

Last edited:
Ah well. Another month to sit on the sidelines, lol...

Just a short sidenote, I will do my best to comment on new posts here, but as the week hits me with work and other stuff, I might unintentionally miss some posts, it it not to mean that I do not value or am not interested in what you are saying, it is just my lack of concentration...temporarily...but I will be reading all the recipes very carefully, and am looking forward to them all!:highfive:

oh...not any variation of it? distantly related even?:D
Oh it's fine. Many people love cabbage. I don't mind a bit of it raw in fish tacos or a salad, but nothing to really make it stand out since I don't like it cooked.

That was on my list! Oh well, it's not like I don't have 700 other cabbage recipes to pull from. :laugh:

If it isn't already apparent, I'm a little excited over the cabbage. Probably a little too excited.
Well I wanted to both laugh and love that, your enthusiasm is always a joyous thing!

Haluski. Here is my twist on the popular staple. I like to add more than the typical ingredients.
View attachment 81861
Sautee onions, garlic, carrots peppers in oil. Add cabbage and continiue to cook until cabbage is tender. Then I add the cooked chopped sausage, boiled egg noodles and sour cream. Then I add sLt and pepper to taste. View attachment 81862View attachment 81865

View attachment 81866

Looks good and I never even heard of it. I hope you enter it as a recipe.

Back
Top Bottom