The CookingBites recipe challenge: cabbage/kale/Brussels sprouts

You don't eat any cabbage? Coleslaw?
Ugh, I hate coleslaw. Well once I ate a coleslaw that wasn't horrible, it was a vinaigrette lemon poppyseed coleslaw. But I would not go out of my way for it, that's for sure! As far as the mayonnaise based coleslaw? Makes me dry heave to think about it!

That
That was on my list! Oh well, it's not like I don't have 700 other cabbage recipes to pull from. :laugh:

If it isn't already apparent, I'm a little excited over the cabbage. Probably a little too excited.
That’s one of the only recipes I do. That and soup. Where I just add a lot of beef broth to my Haluski :p

Just a short sidenote, I will do my best to comment on new posts here, but as the week hits me with work and other stuff, I might unintentionally miss some posts, it it not to mean that I do not value or am not interested in what you are saying, it is just my lack of concentration...temporarily...but I will be reading all the recipes very carefully, and am looking forward to them all!:highfive:
Are you feeling better today? I sure hope so :hug:

D’oh! I thought I just did.
Ah, you have to go through a certain process where you submit a recipe in a thread you create with tags and such, then you come back here and post a link to it. Go back to page 1 and there are links to the challenge rules, I would try to explain but it will be so much easier for you to read it all yourself!

Yeah, the light green links in the opening post of a challenge thread are hard for me to pick out too.

D’oh! I thought I just did.

Well you did in a way. But it has to be posted as a separate recipe thread (simple formatting with ingredients and method) then a link to it placed back in this thread.

There is good reason for this because if not, recipes get buried in threads and will not show up on a search either with google or on our own search facility.

Rocklobster, here is an example of how to submit a recipe for a challenge:

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Burger buns

As you see, I have a light green link at the top of the page that leads to my recipe thread. Try to see if you can figure out a way to make your photos larger, too. Not absolutely necessary but will be easier for visual creatures to salivate over your food!

Also wanted to point out that I often create a recipe or a few to use in the final recipe. Absolutely NOT necessary.

Last edited:
My photos are small? I can’t tell. I gleaned them off of another site I used to post in years ago. I’m on my phone. Every photo is small
Ah, well if you have a desktop or laptop, it would be good to check. I have no idea what device(s) the judge for this challenge is using to view CB. I am currently on my desktop and they look small, yes. If I go on my phone I can of course zoom in on them.

Ah, well if you have a desktop or laptop, it would be good to check. I have no idea what device(s) the judge for this challenge is using to view CB. I am currently on my desktop and they look small, yes. If I go on my phone I can of course zoom in on them.
I’m at work. Usually I post from home on the pc.. I see if I can change it.

It´s not my place to decide, but if cauliflower, broccoli and sprouts are included, I reckon we´ll be opening up a totally different kettle of fish!!

Back
Top Bottom