The CookingBites recipe challenge: cabbage/kale/Brussels sprouts

Try it in a toastie with regular cheese and a bit of cheddar. Holy Dooley.

I've heard of that, but not interested.

I have a love/hate relationship with Korean food. I LOVE some of it, and hate some of it. I'm indifferent to some of it.

Like I said, the times I've tried kimchi, I didn't spit it out, but I didn't want any more of it.

CD

Are you feeling better today? I sure hope so :hug:
Yes, yes, I had a good night sleep, thank you. I reduced my rtravel and workload as much as I could because work is getting crazy, and I think everyone is a little crazy among the coworkers...for their own reasons...suffices to say I hit my toe again, out of pure lack of awareness, and forgot to turn off my mobile and plug it to charge overnight...happens rarely....and my cold is much better today, so all in all, a good weekend start.
:happy:

Hey, I have a question for the judge Timenspace: you have cabbage and kale, but I was just looking to see how they are related (because I had no idea that they were) and saw this:
Kale, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, and Cabbage are All the Same Species
So does that mean that any one of the above can be used for this challenge? Because that does change things.
I am checking in with Morning Glory, will get back...I would be open to brussel sprouts, here in Croatia we call them kelj pupčar (sprouting kale), whereas the normal kale is juist kelj...so in my perception they are related, whether or not botanically correct... so let me get back on this...good question!
oh and I ma using my laptop to review and post...

I am checking in with Morning Glory, will get back...I would be open to brussel sprouts, here in Croatia we call them kelj pupčar (sprouting kale), whereas the normal kale is juist kelj...so in my perception they are related, whether or not botanically correct... so let me get back on this...good question!
oh and I ma using my laptop to review and post...
Honestly, if I could have just those 3 I have something in mind to enter. I don't want to be a trouble!

Just going through my cabbage options:
  • Cabbage on toast
  • Cabbage sandwich
  • Cabbage and chips
  • Cabbage, eggs, chips and spam
  • Cabbage with cheese sauce
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • Cabbage pie....:D:D:D
Seriously though - got some great options for the challenge.

Either you're thinking in the box or you're thinking outside the box. Or maybe neither. I'm not sure which! But don't underestimate my ingenuity with some of the suggestions you have made. :D

Posting from a PC is the only way I'll ever do this. Might read on a phone, sometimes. Posting? Never.
I will post on a phone but not a recipe, way too cumbersome to write a recipe and do everything that way, oh my! I hate typing on my phone as is and even just a regular post is tedious from my phone, much less anything with great length. And if you spy typos in any of my posts, it was because I was typing on my phone, usually while in bed, LOL.

Although I do take my photos on my phone and I used to upload them from my phone into a recipe after writing it up on my PC. Now I just email myself the photos and download them on my PC (my old PC was way too old and had limited storage capacity but the new one is great).

Back
Top Bottom