The CookingBites recipe challenge: celery, celeriac, celery salt & celery seeds

Recipe - Iranian style lamb stew with celery (koresht karafs)

fullsizeoutput_8319.jpeg

Looks good to me!

To be honest, I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything to this thread in weeks. I was thinking, "Mr. I Love Celery must not love it as much as he claims". After backtracking, I see that you posted your 6th entry on April 30. And, you even shared celery things that weren't official entries. I'm sure the only thing that stopped you from posting far more that that was the 6 recipe limit. :chef:

And now, the runner-up awards...

The Cannes Lions Award - Special Food Category
The Cannes Lions Award is bestowed to most creative works in the world. This year, a food category was added (by me; they don't know it yet).

The winner is TastyReuben with his Celery Tonic. His Celery Punch was also in the running, but the Tonic made more use of the celery. I found this very creative, since....I mean, really, using celery as more than just a stalk you can't taste stuffed into a Bloody Mary? Excellent.​

The Picasso Award
awarded to the most prolific "food artist"

Both SatNavSaysStraightOn and TastyReuben posted the maximum allowed 6 recipes. I have a feeling both would have posted more.​

The Beyoncé Award
awarded to the most beautiful dish

Celery isn't the prettiest ingredient, and making a recipe pretty that uses it is a challenge. I didn't mind that for the recipes in this challenge. But, making a dish that features the celery that also looks beautiful is a small miracle.​
AgileMJOLNIR only posted one recipe, but he made it count, posting a gorgeous Celery Soup with Dried Celery Leaves.​

The Usain Bolt Award
awarded to the first one to post a recipe

The recipe challenge started April 19th, and TastyReuben posted his Celery Sticks recipe on the 20th. I think all his posts about celery in the first day of the challenge probably slowed him down. I could be wrong, but I believe you've won this award more than once.​

And now, the runner-up awards...

The Cannes Lions Award - Special Food Category
The Cannes Lions Award is bestowed to most creative works in the world. This year, a food category was added (by me; they don't know it yet).

The winner is TastyReuben with his Celery Tonic. His Celery Punch was also in the running, but the Tonic made more use of the celery. I found this very creative, since....I mean, really, using celery as more than just a stalk you can't taste stuffed into a Bloody Mary? Excellent.​

The Picasso Award
awarded to the most prolific "food artist"

Both SatNavSaysStraightOn and TastyReuben posted the maximum allowed 6 recipes. I have a feeling both would have posted more.​

The Beyoncé Award
awarded to the most beautiful dish

Celery isn't the prettiest ingredient, and making a recipe pretty that uses it is a challenge. I didn't mind that for the recipes in this challenge. But, making a dish that features the celery that also looks beautiful is a small miracle.​
AgileMJOLNIR only posted one recipe, but he made it count, posting a gorgeous Celery Soup with Dried Celery Leaves.​

The Usain Bolt Award
awarded to the first one to post a recipe

The recipe challenge started April 19th, and TastyReuben posted his Celery Sticks recipe on the 20th. I think all his posts about celery in the first day of the challenge probably slowed him down. I could be wrong, but I believe you've won this award more than once.​

Well, at least you have a lot of great recipes to try making with that celery
Ha Ha this is great LOL.

Lots of great entries on this one, it seems we have quite a few celery lovers here!

Last edited:
I really didn’t expect a lot from such a humble ingredient, but we were all treated to a wide array of preparations. I am certain to make many of these, and I encourage all of you to check them out if you haven’t.

The winner really impressed me. Celery root is something infrequently used in recipes. I have used it before, but I forgot about it until this challenge. Herbaceous used a combination of cooking skills and undoubtedly some kind of sorcery to make celery root look like roasted lamb. For those of you who haven’t seen this recipe, take a look:

Recipe - Celery root shawarma

Truly amazing, and definitely a worthy champion.

Back
Top Bottom