The CookingBites recipe challenge: gelatine (or plant based alternative)

I’ve just extended the deadline out to 2 March, as I know of at least one recipe heading our way, and I want to give that member (and anyone else) time to get it submitted.

Thanks! :)
Hope you are not waiting for me then? I know I said I would make something, but my head has not quite been in a well performing space recently. So I am afraid I won't be able to contribute. But there's more time now, so maybe I'll still contribute if my head is getting clearer.

I'm sorry, I love your idea for the challenge. But I already have PTSD, so all things happening right now are messing with my head. It will pass, but it takes some time.

I’ve just extended the deadline out to 2 March, as I know of at least one recipe heading our way, and I want to give that member (and anyone else) time to get it submitted.

Thanks! :)
Thank you!
My local meat shop did not have the necessary meat parts on Thu and I did not get to fetch them yesterday, I am glad, will try...
I did an experimental pudding with tapioca, but will not enter that, although I really liked it. because it did not look gelatinous:smug:

I did it, I did it:D
I got the meat, cooked it yesterday afternoon, the aspic is cooling down overnight, it is breakfast time, so in an hour or so, I will be taking it out and trying and plating. And writing the recipe, ofc.

I did a pomegranate jelly. Should I enter the jelly too?

It was later in the evening, kid took these photos, we could not avoid the shades, but they are nice anyway.

I used a 'cake cover' powder, which is based on caraneegan. The reason asking is I do not feel I did much except bought the juice and followed the isntructions on the package...

( it was so much fun, i never cooked with gelatine before)

Okay, I aim to win this time. I centered this YouTubes video on this challenge: Japanese Rare Cheesecake, which is set with gelatin. I made a stepped down version starting with a recipe that yields 124 calories per slice, then 62 calories per slice, and finishing off with 32 calories per serving -- and it's good no matter which version you choose. As a bonus, I threw in a high protein version as well. :D

This is how I ended up eating a whole matcha cheesecake after dinner 🐮.

Back
Top Bottom