The CookingBites recipe challenge: gelatine (or plant based alternative)

Can't believe nobody has mentioned a traditional aspic with clearish beef broth, bits of animal protein, HB eggs, cheese, veges, etc in it, arranged to make a pleasing mosaic like pattern. There's a recipe with ideas in my Hubert Keller cookbook with picture. It's something I've thought about making from time to time.
We had something similar in Vienna in 2010 - it was a perfect little pyramid shape, maybe three inches square at the base and as high as that, and it was filled with seasoned bits of ground beef suspended throughout, with a little curl of carrot here, and celery leaf there.

Looking for my egg poacher for another topic, I found this jello mold:

Looking for my egg poacher for another topic, I found this jello mold:

View attachment 80921

My mom gave me her old "copper" Jello molds. They hung on the kitchen wall when I was a kid. They were actually some metal, coated with something copper colored.

There were about six of them, in various shapes. The only one I remember for certain is a pineapple. She used that one a lot for a orange Jello with pineapple chunks and shredded carrot Jello salad.

CD

Last edited:
Here ya go ...

This one popped into my head straight off.
I know this may sound simplistic, but I had no idea how to do this until recently, really.

Stabalized Whipped Cream

I've made this recipe now several times and it's always great.
View attachment 80492 View attachment 80493
I like this. We do a lot of afternoon teas out on the deck in Summer, and one problem we always have is trying to hold whipped cream during the meal. I've bookmarked this one!

Back
Top Bottom