The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Mustard

P1060098fb.jpg

Hi guys. This one's probably a bit obvious for the challenge but thought I'd it enter anyway. Bacon wrapped rib eye fillet with garlic mustard wine cream sauce. Served with asparagus and crispy smashed potatoes. This was my lunch today....

Recipe is here: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/rib-eye-fillet-with-a-garlic-mustard-wine-cream-sauce.15243/

View attachment 29172

Hi guys. This one's probably a bit obvious for the challenge but thought I'd it enter anyway. Bacon wrapped rib eye fillet with garlic mustard wine cream sauce. Served with asparagus and crispy smashed potatoes. This was my lunch today....

Recipe is here: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/rib-eye-fillet-with-a-garlic-mustard-wine-cream-sauce.15243/

Its not obvious - at any rate I've never come across a bacon wrapped steak before. It looks delicious.

So - what went wrong. I have a vested interest in knowing as I have a Mustard Potato recipe planned! Looks as if perhaps it was all too wet?
I have a feeling my big mistake was to make a very thin mustard sauce and bake the potatoes until they were done, instead of baking the potatoes first and then adding a mustard sauce. I think the potatoes took on tooooo much of the mustard taste. Also, I used 2 teaspoons of Curry powder and could taste the curry in every bite. Don't get me wrong, I like the taste of curry in many recipes. However, curry and mustard was not a good flavor combination...at least for me. YUK!!!

I wasn't impressed. The difference between the flavour of the ketchup and the mustard was too great. I shall not bother again. One or the other, not both.
One ketchup AND one mustard is a big taste difference. In the end, I think mustard is the way to go with chili dogs.
What about creating a "red" mustard? I am pretty sure someone could show us the way...maybe mustard with food coloring?

Or how about some of those famous @morning glory infused colored eggs? One green, one yellow, and one red. Chili dogs with eggs on top. That might be an interesting taste combination.

Back
Top Bottom