The CookingBites recipe challenge: nuts or seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t cross cut the bottoms and, obviously, it depends on the size of the sprouts. Maybe 15 is a bit too long; I´ll always test them with a toothpick before draining them and they DO need to be slightly "crunchy".

I cook them 5 and a half mins in the microwave or around the same time as you (15 mins) if boiled. They aren't 'mushy' but do have some softness and a crispness too. Not sure if that cross in the base makes any difference at all!

. Not sure if that cross in the base makes any difference at all!

the cross it's the base allows the heat from the boiling water to get to the center of the sprout so that the center cooks before the outside is overcooked.

I usually cut the cross to about ⅓ the depth into the sprout. it very definitely makes a difference.

the cross it's the base allows the heat from the boiling water to get to the center of the sprout so that the center cooks before the outside is overcooked.

I usually cut the cross to about ⅓ the depth into the sprout. it very definitely makes a difference.

I know that is the theory and I did it for years. Now I stopped doing it and can see no difference. Mind you, in the microwave it wouldn't make a difference anyway. BTW you have the American spelling of centre in your post! :D

IMG_1100.JPG

Recipe - Pumpkin Snack Cake

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom