The CookingBites recipe challenge: nuts or seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would it work if you had both sinner and centre in the same sentence? Would they sound the same?
If I'm speaking? Yes, they'd sound the same, but you'd know the difference from context. Same with other words:

"Morning Glory has won nine recipe challenges, she's a real winner! Funny, though, she always does best during Winter."

"Winner" and "winter" would sound exactly the same coming out of my mouth, but you'd know the difference in meaning based on context. Of course, the likelihood of using them in the same sentence is probably somewhat rare.

Ahhhh, dialects. It's enough to make you...nuts! :laugh:

I'm up against the wire now. I've not made a single entry. I'm going through a no cooking phase for various reasons. However, in order to motivate myself I ordered fresh clams and scallops in the shell (at some expense). I absolutely have to cook them tomorrow or at very latest Saturday morning or they will have to go in the freezer which would be silly given the price paid.

I'm up against the wire now. I've not made a single entry. I'm going through a no cooking phase for various reasons. However, in order to motivate myself I ordered fresh clams and scallops in the shell (at some expense). I absolutely have to cook them tomorrow or at very latest Saturday morning or they will have to go in the freezer which would be silly given the price paid.

I've only made one entry this time. I really did not feel like chasing nut recipes. And there have been other things like making spaghetti sauce, tapenade, etc. that I felt I needed to go with.

Last edited:
I've only made one entry this time. I really did not feel like chasing nut recipes. And there have been other things like making spaghetti sauce, tapenade, etc. that I felt I needed to go with.

I've only entered one thing, too. I don't know why, other than my creative juices weren't flowing. Probably due to preoccupation with getting my parents settled into their new home and way of living.

CD

I've only entered one thing, too. I don't know why, other than my creative juices weren't flowing. Probably due to preoccupation with getting my parents settled into their new home and way of living.

CD
34 recipes overall, though, that's a pretty good showing, and a couple more are on the way, I suspect.

34 recipes overall, though, that's a pretty good showing, and a couple more are on the way, I suspect.
I actually made 9 or 10 but obviously could only enter 6!

For me, nuts & seeds feature almost, if not, every single day in our diet due to my dairy allergy, so the hardest part has been trying to restrict my entries to thing other people would like. No point in uploading my cashew nut camembert. No-one else would make it.
I did make a sunflower seed 🌻 halva. Not difficult, not photogenic and didn't last very long. Hubby loved it. 😍 perhaps that's what I need to make him for Christmas Day?

Last edited:
Darn, I had two desserts in mind. Both involved oatmeal. Which turns out, was just finished down to the last box today by my loving husband. And he forgot to tell me, so now I don't have oatmeal for the deadline.
Oh well, still making my dish but I'm ok with the other two entries I did.

Darn, I had two desserts in mind. Both involved oatmeal. Which turns out, was just finished down to the last box today by my loving husband. And he forgot to tell me, so now I don't have oatmeal for the deadline.
Oh well, still making my dish but I'm ok with the other two entries I did.

Ha Ha. I just finished one of the last two boxes of oatmeal for breakfast this morning and need to get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom