The CookingBites recipe challenge: nuts or seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - I managed one of the planned dishes today: Recipe - Scallops with hazelnut beurre noisette and tangerine curd

And with angel hair chilli garnish:

Earwig ho, then. Nuts for the Mughlai:D:D
Navratan Korma ( 9 Precious Jewels)
This dish is a showpiece - and was so for the Hindu chefs who prepared food for the Mughlai (Muslim) emperors. The essence of a traditional korma without any meat. The nine precious jewels were,apparently, the Emperor Akbar´s 9 most valued advisors.

Announcement

I am delaying the end of the contests until Monday at 5 PM EST (10 PM GMT). I’m doing this for a few reasons:
  1. I want to allow enough time for football (and fútbol / calcio) to (mostly) be out-of-the-way for the week.
  2. There are a lot of great entries, and I will need extra time to pick one.
  3. I am hoping there will be more entries with the extra time.
  4. I’m old, and I get confused by shiny objects and too many great options.

Last edited:
Announcement

I am delaying the end of the contests until Monday at 5 PM EST (10 PM GMT). I’m doing this for a few reasons:
  1. I want to allow enough time for football (and fútbol / calcio) to (mostly) be out-of-the-way for the week.
  2. There are a lot of great entries, and I will need extra time to pick one.
  3. I am hoping there will be more entries with the extra time.
  4. I’m old, and I get confused by shiny objects and too many great options.
Please note that the challenge is now closed.
MG?

I had taken this to mean that the challenge didn't close until Monday 10pm London (UK) time? Am I wrong? today is still Sunday in Australia, so it should have roughly 36hrs more to run.

MG?

I had taken this to mean that the challenge didn't close until Monday 10pm London (UK) time? Am I wrong? today is still Sunday in Australia, so it should have roughly 36hrs more to run.

Sorry - for some reason I missed The Late Night Gourmet's announcement. I think its because I was so busy trying to meet the original deadline myself with a final recipe! My apologies for misleading everyone.

The challenge now closes on Monday 6th December 10pm British time (GMT) which is 5PM EST. I'll amend the featured thread and top post.

Last edited:
I am going to go back through this thread to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then, I'm going to figure out which are the "finalists". Then, I'm going to go back over them again to make sure. That's going to take so long that I'm going to forget everything, and then have to start over again. Don't worry...this won't take too long.

I will once again be giving honorary awards, but obviously the "most prolific" award no longer applies (since we're capped at 6 entries). These will be give out before the eventual winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom