The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Olives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken Marbella:

Recipe - Chicken Marbella

This is, simply put, one of the best things I've ever eaten. The meat comes out so sweet, so tender, so succulent, and the combination of prunes and olives, which seemed bizarre to me at the time, is a match made in tastebud heaven.

Additionally, it's one of the easiest recipes to make. The gap between effort versus payoff is huge with this recipe.

Highly recommended! 😙

Yum. We use olives a fair bit in cooking - our favourite pasta dish is my hm tomato sauce with bacon, chilli, kalamata & a splash of the brine added in.

I make caponata a lot - we can source kalamata easier than Sicilian green olives so I often use them in that. Or a mixture. Look away purists.

One of my favourite snacking olives are really hard to find. They are a large green olive stuffed with a roasted almond.

Yum. We use olives a fair bit in cooking - our favourite pasta dish is my hm tomato sauce with bacon, chilli, kalamata & a splash of the brine added in.

I make caponata a lot - we can source kalamata easier than Sicilian green olives so I often use them in that. Or a mixture. Look away purists.

I hope you find time to enter the challenge. :okay:

One of my favourite snacking olives are really hard to find. They are a large green olive stuffed with a roasted almond.

Yeah, they are hard to find here, too.

Those are pretty easy to get here, and we don't have to get them from the olive bar, just off the shelf in a jar. Common stuffed olive varieties available here are almond, garlic, blue cheese, feta, and of course the pimento-stuffed ones we grew up with.

so succulent, and the combination of prunes and olives, which seemed bizarre to me at the time, is a match made in tastebud heaven.

This is so co-incidental - was playing around with ideas yesterday for prunes with olives. In fact its not so weird - its a faily classic combination in Middle Eastern cooking - tagines, for example.

Chicken Provencale - Have been making this for so many years now and never get tired of it. As soon as I saw olives were the ingredient this time, knew I'd have to post this. Plus it inspired me to do a video of it too, as for some reason hadn't done one of it before. I think sometimes we (by we I mean myself) can get bogged down trying to reinvent the wheel, when the tried and true simple things are still often the best.

Recipe & Video - Chicken Provencale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom