The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Olives

Status
Not open for further replies.
4D8E5E16-635E-415E-A5F1-B07A2205C780.jpeg

Green Olive Tapenade. Made from ingredients that I had in my pantry already. Thank you for picking this ingredient, CraigC.

Last edited:
Well, I got my jar of olives from the small neighborhood grocery.

We gave them our list outside the shop, and what they came back with for me was those green olives with the pimentos inside - the type that end up in martinis. Well, it is what it is, so I'll see what I can do over the next few days with these (short of making a martini, but maybe I could do that, too...)

Well, I got my jar of olives from the small neighborhood grocery.

We gave them our list outside the shop, and what they came back with for me was those green olives with the pimentos inside - the type that end up in martinis. Well, it is what it is, so I'll see what I can do over the next few days with these (short of making a martini, but maybe I could do that, too...)

I used some of those in a salad dish I am entering for the challenge. I've a backlog of entries!

When I made my braised chicken with olives

I just made a chicken and olive dish too. Well, poussin and olives.

EA9E654F-173F-4982-BFB5-18FB53686E8E.jpeg

Greek Salad Tapenade. So, in an olive challenge, I decide to make two tapenades. Yep. And, technically, this should be called a black olive tapenade. But, I made it with all the ingredients you might find in a Greek salad, so the name fits.

Plus, it fills my need to be overly clever during these challenges. I’m not trying to impress anybody here. I’m just having fun.

Last edited:
Ciao a tutti,
I wish remove jam recipe from contest, I not make as cannot get fig. As I no make it unfair for it be included. When I get fig I will make an then show to all.

Sarana x

Today was "one of those days"
My intention was to make olive stuffed bread. I made the dough for the bread and set it aside to proof. I gathered the rest of the ingredients and began entering the recipe. Two mess ups. I posted the incomplete recipe and the dough did not rise - old yeast.
Back to the drawing board. I had to edit and rewrite the entire recipe. My apologies to those of you who saw the incomplete original.

So..... Olive Stuffed Pastry

Recipe - Olive Stuffed Pastry
It need to cool a bit before slicing. I'll take more pics after slicing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom