The CookingBites recipe challenge: potatoes

Not sure if I posted this correctly but here is my entry for the “Potato Challenge!”

Recipe - Handmade Gnocchi with Hard Cider Braised Pork and Mushrooms

A9D39055-B03A-4635-9B2E-FDF9F1F03491.jpeg

Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is potatoes* and caseydog is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses potatatoes, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight (close of day) Wednesday 9th November UK time (GMT). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* any type of true potatoes can be used (so not sweet potatoes)
** recipes must be posted within the time frame of the challenge but could be recipes you have made in the past, so long as they haven't already been posted on the forum as a recipe thread.

I've been able to come up for air at work, so I may actually be able to enter something before the contest ends. I understand that sweet potatatoes aren't allowed, but can use use potatoes if I can't find potatatoes in my local market? :wink:

My third entry:

Recipe - Country Potato Soup

Pretty straightforward, we ate a lot of potato soup growing up, and this is an easy one to throw together.

It's a little past milky white and closer to gravy brown, but I let the onions go a little long while cooking those. Tastes great, either way.

One thing I usually do with using bacon in potato soup is to crisp it, get the fat, then pull it out to save as a garnish, because I don't really like the texture of boiled streaky bacon. I didn't do that this time, didn't really hurt anything. If I wanted to leave the meat in as part of the soup, I'd probably substitute diced ham (or back bacon).

Back
Top Bottom