The CookingBites recipe challenge: potatoes

I have one more (well, I have three more, but that ain’t happening), but I keep getting foiled at every turn!

It’s a somewhat heavy-ish dish, and I wanted to make it last night, but MrsT was close to all her WW points for the day, so she wanted something very low-points, hence the eggs.

Tonight, I’m going over to visit some out-of-town family and will be gone when I’d normally be cooking, plus we’re doing chocolate fondue tonight, so that’s high points, and then tomorrow, I know we really need to work a salad in, so it’s not looking good.
Remember, you don't actually have to cook the dish to write it up for the comp.

Last one, just under the wire:

Recipe - Princess Potatoes (Prinzesskartoffeln)

I think of this as a quick stovetop/skillet version of scalloped potatoes. The whole thing, prep and all, takes less than 30 minutes.

It won’t win any beauty contests, but it’s completely satisfying. MrsT has now rated it her favorite potato dish just after mashed potatoes.

Just a reminder that the challenge closes midnight today, UK time. That is 4 hours and 45 mins from now as I write. To see the time in the UK simply look below my avatar on the left... this shows my (UK) local time at any point in the day or night.

Its a useful feature as you can see what local time it is for any member - just look underneath their avatar picture.

Back
Top Bottom